It is currently April 25th, 2024, 3:43 pm

Minimal [Alpha]

A package of skins with a "theme" or by a single author
thatsIch

Minimal [Alpha]

Post by thatsIch »

Hello Rainmeter Community,

this is a skin I am working on pretty long already, discarding and rewriting the whole time and now I am in a state where I want to distribute the beginnings of my work. I am pretty proud of my Media Player, NoteBoard and my soon coming Dynamic Google Calendar and RSS Feedreader. What it offers and what you can do with it, is all on GitHub. Feel free to leave a comment and critism. This is currently only build for me and I rather not intend to make it a suite, but I welcome every Rainmeter-User out there to use the ideas and develop further.

This is made with Rainmeter Package and with it in mind

GitHub
https://github.com/thatsIch/Minimal

Download
https://github.com/thatsIch/Minimal/releases

Current Preview
Last edited by thatsIch on August 20th, 2013, 7:27 am, edited 2 times in total.
thatsIch

Re: Minimal [Alpha]

Post by thatsIch »

Update

Implemented my Dynamic Google Calendar

list up currently up to 40 appointment for 5 days and 8 each of these days. They don't need to be consecutive as seen in the image.

thatsIch

Post by thatsIch »

implemented a new launcher, nothing new I guess, but always handy if you want to keep it simple.
  • Can run custom commands
  • Searches, %$ indicate the search parameter
  • Call Websites
  • or normal windows commands
the commands are in the corresponding lua file. Custom Commands need to match the keyword. Searches are indicated through ? and a custom keyword like ?g for google; websites start with http or www; and normal windows commands are the rest.
Mordasius

Post by Mordasius »

thatsIch wrote:I am pretty proud of my Media Player, NoteBoard and my soon coming Dynamic Google Calendar and RSS Feedreader... Feel free to leave a comment and critism.
Sorry to say that any skin or suite that changes the taskbar Rainmeter icon without asking my permission is an immediate candidate for the recycle bin. Can't really add much more given that the RSS reader and notes skins seem to be busted and that clicking on some of the other icons doesn't seem to do anything.
moshi

Post by moshi »

thatsIch wrote: This is currently only build for me
indeed. i downloaded the RMSKIN and nothing works here. i also have no idea where to configure it. maybe you want to repackage it, does this need files outside the skin's folder?
thatsIch

Post by thatsIch »

Mordasius wrote: Sorry to say that any skin or suite that changes the taskbar Rainmeter icon without asking my permission is an immediate candidate for the recycle bin. Can't really add much more given that the RSS reader and notes skins seem to be busted and that clicking on some of the other icons doesn't seem to do anything.
This a personal modification and actually shouldnt be used by the skin, my bad, didnt know that the whole rainmeter.ini is being copied. As I said RSS Reader aren't actually implemented yet, its currently a WIP. I got the parsing and displaying of categories ready.

The notes skin is launched via the Dock/Notes Icon.

Some Icons dont have a particular function on your computer, because it isnt supposed to be a suite, but a showcase. If you look into the games icon for example, I simply use a local variable in windows
thatsIch

Post by thatsIch »

moshi wrote: indeed. i downloaded the RMSKIN and nothing works here. i also have no idea where to configure it. maybe you want to repackage it, does this need files outside the skin's folder?
no its a total standalone, and its supposed for people to learn from it thus its on GitHub where you can branch it and work on it yourself. And in the topic I stated it alpha. Basic functionality I descriped on the GitHub Page should be working for you.

Configurations are generally done in the Variables folder
thatsIch

Post by thatsIch »

Fixed some bugs and set the rmskin to do nothing at all

http://puu.sh/46dUr.rmskin

I removed all unfinished parts or the parts (like workplace of games docks). GitHub now handles the downloads for releases. Commits can still be downloaded via .ZIP download on GitHub
moshi

Post by moshi »

now those variables files and folders look very different from your first upload.
i am not sure whether it is a good idea to distribute your private calendar links in the RMSKIN and on GitHub, but that's your choice of course.
thatsIch

Post by thatsIch »

moshi wrote:now those variables files and folders look very different from your first upload.
i am not sure whether it is a good idea to distribute your private calendar links in the RMSKIN and on GitHub, but that's your choice of course.
I am refactoring a bit, but shouldnt be too much different. Yes I am aware of that, thanks, but I already took it into consideration, is there some "elegant" way to handle it though? For now I removed them in the RMSKIN, oh well