It is currently April 19th, 2024, 6:07 pm

Time zone problem with World.ini

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
gerdgoebel

Time zone problem with World.ini

Post by gerdgoebel »

I am new to Rainmeter and have just downloaded the latest beta and the 2.6 Enigma.
I installed both with the respective installers and Rainmeter is up and running.
I added various defaults skins but the World.ini is giving me some trouble.
When choosing my location for the World1WeatherCode i first choose my US zip code 95658. After refreshing the skin the city name was correctly displayed. However, the clock still shows some UK time.
I then checked what codes are used in the Variables.inc file and the World1WeatherCode showed the code for London.
I looked up my weather location id on google and found USCA0761 which i added to the Variables.inc file. After restarting Rainmeter the clock still shows UK time. It appears that my timezone (US-PST) is not determined correctly.
I also tried to add the location code to the Rainmeter.ini file but again, the time zone is still UK.
Where do i need to make what changes in order to get the correct time zone and time?
Kaelri
Developer

Re: Time zone problem with World.ini

Post by Kaelri »

Good - I expected some problems with this. Yahoo's use of standard time zone codes is kind of hit-and-miss, and since it doesn't provide the actual numbers, the World skins have to convert the codes to the numbers via a Substitute key in [MeasureTimeZone].

Check that line for your time zone code, as it appears in the Yahoo Weather feed. If it's there, but showing the wrong number (they're all relative to GMT), change it. If it's not there, you'll have to add it yourself.

In either case, I'd really appreciate it if you pass the correction along to me, so I can get it in the source code. :)
Benjamin Linus

Post by Benjamin Linus »

:welcome:

Do not modify the ini files just use the variables.inc.

[Variables]
WeatherCode=USCA0761
Unit=f
GoogleCalendar=YourCalendarAddressHere
GmailUsername=YourUsernameHere
GmailPassword=YourPasswordHere
TwitterUsername=YourUsernameHere
TwitterPassword=YourPasswordHere
Atom=feed url 1
RSS1=feed url 2
RSS2=feed url 3
RSS3=feed url 4
Drive1=C
Drive2=E
Drive3=F
NetworkMaxDownload=1000000
NetworkMaxUpload=500000
NoteHeight=300
ReaderInterval=30
SidebarSpacing=33
World1WeatherCode=USCA0761
World2WeatherCode=IRXX0018
World3WeatherCode=ISXX0010
Color1=255, 255, 255, 255
Color2=255, 255, 255, 160
Color3=255, 255, 255, 80
ColorActive=128, 192, 255, 217
ColorBorder=192, 192, 192, 128
ColorIcon=W
ColorUpload=128, 192, 255, 160
ColorDownload=#Color2#
;ColorDownload=158, 255, 207, 160
Height1=10
Height2=7
Height3=8
Height4=9
Font=Trebuchet MS
SubstituteFeed="&apos;":"'",""":"","&Quot;":"","&":"&","<br>":"","![CDATA[":"","]]":"","...":"","<":"",">":"","/PRE>":"","PRE>":"","<":"","'":"'","&#228;":"ä","&#246;":"ö","&#8211;":"–"
SubstituteLink="&":"&","<![CDATA[":"","]]>":""
Benjamin Linus

Post by Benjamin Linus »

Kaelri wrote:
<SNIPPET>

Good - I expected some problems with this. Yahoo's use of standard time zone codes is kind of hit-and-miss, and since it doesn't provide the actual numbers, the World skins have to convert the codes to the numbers via a Substitute key in [MeasureTimeZone].
Sorry friend did not realise this issue, apologies :oops:
gerdgoebel

Post by gerdgoebel »

My time zone is PST and I found that value in the MeasureTimeZone with the correct offset of -8 hours.
And i really want to thank you this excellent tool and all the time you guys have invested.
mfractal

Post by mfractal »

Kaelri wrote:Good - I expected some problems with this. Yahoo's use of standard time zone codes is kind of hit-and-miss, and since it doesn't provide the actual numbers, the World skins have to convert the codes to the numbers via a Substitute key in [MeasureTimeZone].

Check that line for your time zone code, as it appears in the Yahoo Weather feed. If it's there, but showing the wrong number (they're all relative to GMT), change it. If it's not there, you'll have to add it yourself.
Hey, could you elaborate on than a little?

I live in Israel, and this is my yahoo weather feed : http://weather.yahooapis.com/forecastrss?p=ISXX0026&u=c

I just can't figure out what's the right code i should put in world.ini..
Is it IS? IST? IL ?
Tried all of those, nothing seems to work...
Kaelri
Developer

Post by Kaelri »

If you're just trying to set up the skin for your location, go to the configuration tool and set "World1WeatherCode" as "ISXX0026".
casetrackx

Post by casetrackx »

Hi there
I find also some problems, especially with the times from Australia.
I use the code ASXX0112 which is Sydney. Using Sidebar World.ini , it displays the Weather correctly, but the time is wrong!
1) Although the correct time should be EDT 10:48 am 28.12.2009 it shows in the Sidebar display 23.48 as 27.12.2009.
The small clock obviously is also wrong
The other code I use for New York: USNY0996 is OK and the time for NY is also OK, which I use in the World2.ini (sidebar).

2) Further I noticed, that I do not have a timezones.txt in my Skin folder under the path ... /Skins/Enigma/Sidebar/Resources/Measures/...
The error message in the Log-file shows this:
BUG: (00:00:02.250) WebParser: Fetching URL: file://C:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\kuitc\Eigene Dateien\Rainmeter\Skins\Enigma\Resources\Measures\TimeZones.txt
DEBUG: (00:00:02.265) WebParser (842) Das System kann den angegebenen Pfad nicht finden.
(sorry for the German here. It means: The System cannot find the used path)
The 3rd problem is that the World.in has a [MeasureTimeZoneMod] section, but World2.ini and World3.ini have not
[MeasureTimeZoneMod]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=Plugins\WebParser.dll
Url=file://#SKINSPATH#Enigma\Resources\Measures\TimeZones.txt
RegExp=<code>[MeasureTimeZone]</code>.*<utc>(.*)</utc>
StringIndex=1
DynamicVariables=1
BTW: I noticed that in the About mask the following Timezone for Sydney is displayed:
MeasedTimeZone= A-4
MeasuedTimeZoneMod = empty

Windows XP SP3, Rainmeter V1.1 Rev 306
Can anybody shed some light into this
Many thanks

Cornelis K. from Germany
casetrackx

Post by casetrackx »

casetrackx wrote:Hi there
1) I found some problems, especially with the times from Australia.I use the code ASXX0112 which is Sydney. .

2) Further I noticed, that I do not have a timezones.txt in my Skin folder under the path ... /Skins/Enigma/Sidebar/Resources/Measures/...

The 3rd problem is that the World.in has a [MeasureTimeZoneMod] section, but World2.ini and World3.ini have not

Cornelis K. from Germany
to 1: Codes are correct, but at the moment the code for Sydney is "AEDT" Australian Eastern Daylight Time" and this abbreviation is not (yet) in the Substitute String of the World.ini file
I changed the string as follows:
[MeasureTimeZone]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=Plugins\WebParser.dll
Url=[MeasureYahooWeather]
StringIndex=6
Substitute="AEDT":"+11","ACST":"+9.5","ACT":"+8","AEST":"+10","AFT":"+4.5",.....................
The offset to GMT should be +11 and I was always getting -4, which is EDT in the USA.
I am definitly sure I was not using Sydney in the USA, because I tried it also with Canberra,

to 2: I found the textfile called TimeZones.txt on the website.

to 3: I added the [MeasureTimeZoneMod] to the other 2 WorldX.ini files , but have not figured out the meaning of this yet !! See point 2

Cornelis K. from Germany
yakk0

Post by yakk0 »

Has the Sydney (or other Aus time zones) been working for other people?

I can't get my Sydney time to work. I am using ASXX0112 and I added "AEDT":"+11" to the code.

It works fine for the other time zones I've added, eg. NZXX0006 with "NZDT":"+13" added to the code.