It is currently May 26th, 2024, 4:27 pm

OnCloseAction not applied

Report bugs with the Rainmeter application and suggest features.
~Faradey~

Re: OnCloseAction not applied

Post by ~Faradey~ »

I did not create another topic, instead I ask here, if moderator thinks that this shoud be in a separate topic, delete my post and i create new topic then.

It seems that OnCloseAction not applied when Windows shut-down. I mean when I manually exit Rainmeter OnCloseAction will work, but when windows shutting down and Rainmeter is running and exits either automatically, or maybe windows just kill all the processes including Rainmeter before shutting down, then OnCloseAction will not work.

What if, to keep backward compatibility, to add something like OnWinShutdown to deal with this kind of occasions?

Or, maybe, someone could show me a workaround?

edit: i need OnCloseActionto write last data instead of writing them each update cycle
~Faradey~

Post by ~Faradey~ »

anything on my problem?
sa3er

Post by sa3er »

From the programming side of view, it doesn't work like that.
When a windows program gets closed from inside, I mean by an inside command, it would do what you want, and the software would understand its closing, but when something from outside closes the whole Rainmeter process with a kill, there's no way for the inside defined event code to occur. It's like shooting someone in the head.
~Faradey~

Post by ~Faradey~ »

sa3er wrote:...there's no way for the inside defined event code to occur. It's like shooting someone in the head.
that's what i was afraid of, but it's obvious and logical

Devs, no bother on this
i've found a workaround ;)