It is currently April 24th, 2024, 5:09 am

Box Meters

Skins that control functions in Windows or Rainmeter
Seahorse

Box Meters

Post by Seahorse »

I've had a request on DA to provide my Dashboard skins in different sizes recently. I've been mulling this over and again I though about ways to do this that didn't require me to maintain multiple versions of skins (large, small etc).

That got me thinking about a skin I wrote using very small square meters some time ago. As is often the case I then got to thinking about combining the simplicity of Squares with the graphics free (no bitmaps, just Rainmeter code) route I have taken with Dashboard, partly as a mental exercise and partly to see how far I can take it.

What seems to work well for me is to get a working skin up and running and then basically use it as a template to stamp out the others by replacing the meters & measures inside the framework.

So what I have now is up and running, scalable via mouse wheel, supports up to four meters in it's current incarnation and if you hover over it you can see the values, if not the scale and the darker shaded areas give you a visual representation.

Now that the niggles around getting it working are resolved I want to tinker with it some more to see what I can and can't do with it. Currently just a clock, but clearly dead easy to report 4 CPU core loads, GPU temperatures etc...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Regrettably your planet is one of those scheduled for demolition"
Mike

My Skins at DeviantArt