It is currently September 29th, 2024, 7:21 pm

Potential Fake Skins/Virus

General topics related to Rainmeter.
Seahorse

Potential Fake Skins/Virus

Post by Seahorse »

Do we have any pull with Customize.Org? I reported both of these yesterday but they are still there.

The two new skins, the later of which has comments disabled, which both set off Avast! with Trojan Horse warnings. I would appreciate someone using something other than Avast! checking them out too please.

User is King vx, new user and two skins posted, both of which are old ones by someone else.
Capture.JPG
Would rather we get these killed (or cleared up as false positives) than have "Rainmeter infected my computer" stories.

Oh, VirusTotal Website seems to confirm Virus.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Regrettably your planet is one of those scheduled for demolition"
Mike

My Skins at DeviantArt

jsmorley
Developer

Re: Potential Fake Skins/Virus

Post by jsmorley »

Neither of them are valid .rmskins, and in fact I suspect they are renamed .exe files. There is no real danger, as they can't be executed in any way that would allow them to do any harm. The Rainmeter skin installer just rejects them as "damaged" .rmskin files, but I have deleted them from Custo and banned the user.

Thanks for reporting. If you see any new ones that seem to be suspicious, feel free to post here or send me a PM on Custo. I am user "jsmorley". Don't bother using the "report" functionality on Custo, as it is just broken and nobody will see them.