It is currently September 29th, 2024, 9:28 pm

possible spectrum analyzer using winamp vis_milk2.dll ?

General topics related to Rainmeter.
billybellfoot

possible spectrum analyzer using winamp vis_milk2.dll ?

Post by billybellfoot »

hi im new to the forum and rainmeter
but have been looking for a spectrum analyzer but all i could find is samurize
and my a/v has detected risks so i then looked for something to make a rainmeter .ini skin without using samurize. if that is possible?

but as im new to rainmeter i am unable to make a skin myself. but didnt want to let that stop others from using the vis_milk2.dll plugin if it would work to make one. or if someone would be kind enough to help me make one either way it would be very much appreciated.

thanks
Brian
Developer

Re: possible spectrum analyzer using winamp vis_milk2.dll ?

Post by Brian »

Samurize plugins don't work for Rainmeter, and there is no spectrum analyzer plugin for Rainmeter at this time. I won't say it is impossible to make one, but it would be very difficult to make one work with Rainmeter.

-Brian
billybellfoot

Post by billybellfoot »

hi thanks for reply

the plugin vis_milk2.dll is from winamp i found it when right clicking on the winamp spectrum analyzer.(winamp classic skin) so i thought maybe as there are winamp players that use winamp plugins already for rainmeter the winamp plugin may work to create a skin for rain meter or add (build in) a spectrum analyzer to a winamp player for rainmeter.

do you think this is not possible then. ?

thanks for your input advice so far and in future many thanks
moshi

Post by moshi »

billybellfoot wrote: there are winamp players that use winamp plugins already for rainmeter
i would be very surprised about that. got any links?
Brian
Developer

Post by Brian »

billybellfoot wrote:the plugin vis_milk2.dll is from winamp i found it when right clicking on the winamp spectrum analyzer.(winamp classic skin) so i thought maybe as there are winamp players that use winamp plugins already for rainmeter the winamp plugin may work to create a skin for rain meter or add (build in) a spectrum analyzer to a winamp player for rainmeter.

do you think this is not possible then. ?
Oh, I misunderstood your previous post. Although it may be possible to gather data from that plugin for Rainmeter to use, it would be very difficult to get Rainmeter to process the data in a timely manner. Rainmeter relies on updating skins every X amount of milliseconds, and the lower the rate, the resources it uses. It is just how Rainmeter was designed from the beginning and it would very difficult to make a change just to allow a music visualizer.

I won't say it is impossible, but it isn't something we (the development team) are currently looking at. If someone wants to spend their own time finding a reasonable way to accomplish, then so be it.

Also, I am not aware of any Winamp specific plugins. We have the NowPlaying plugin that reads information from Winamp, but not any visualization values.

-Brian
billybellfoot

Post by billybellfoot »

hi brian thanks again for you reply and theinfo. much appreciated. i had read somewhere about the refresh rate being an issue. but thought the cpu and gpu temp monitors seem to refresh fairly quickly didnt know how much of an issue it would present.

just thought it would look quite good to have a little spectrum analyzer on the desktop..

ok thanks again for your help much appreciated. :thumbup: