It is currently September 29th, 2024, 9:34 pm

Uninstalling rainmeter

General topics related to Rainmeter.
K1llacanon

Uninstalling rainmeter

Post by K1llacanon »

Hi guys first post, please don't flame me

So I was on xda and saw a pretty sweet windows 7 desktop theme I asked the dude how he made it and he said he used rainmeter so I searched it on you tube and watched a lot of videos on it

One video said that rainmeter modifies some window files and sometimes uninstalling it can really mess up your computer /laptop is this true? Or uninstalling it the wrong way even though I don't know how u uninstal it the wrong way

Anyone help me out? Thanks
jsmorley
Developer

Re: Uninstalling rainmeter

Post by jsmorley »

No, it won't mess anything up. If you want to uninstall it just use Windows "Add or remove programs". If you have installed 3rd party skins, you will then need to remove the "..My Documents\Rainmeter" folder to completely get rid of those.
K1llacanon

Post by K1llacanon »

jsmorley wrote:No, it won't mess anything up. If you want to uninstall it just use Windows "Add or remove programs". If you have installed 3rd party skins, you will then need to remove the "..My Documents\Rainmeter" folder to completely get rid of those.
Ok thanks, I know how to uninstall programs just thought it may mess with other files on my system

While this thread is still live is it worth upgrading to windows 8 I have windows 7 right now, I heard 8 is kinda rubbish if you guys do recommend it I'll buy windows 8 then install rainmeter
K1llacanon

Post by K1llacanon »

And another question sorry, I've seen one theme that has panels like windows 8 can I use that skin on top of enigma theme? So use enigma and the window 8 skin side by side?
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

K1llacanon wrote:And another question sorry, I've seen one theme that has panels like windows 8 can I use that skin on top of enigma theme? So use enigma and the window 8 skin side by side?
Yes, you can mix skins from different styles, then save your layout using the "Layouts" tab in the "Manage" dialog.

The Win8~like skin is probably Omnimo 5.0
K1llacanon

Post by K1llacanon »

Yeah that's it thanks community on here is a lot better than xda lol we always flame new members

I'll download everything tmz and let my creativity unleash

IM going to try get a theme like a screenahot I've seen if I need help with anything I can just ask in this thread right? I won't need to make a new one?