It is currently April 19th, 2024, 4:44 pm

Google Calendar Plugin

Share and get help with Plugins and Addons
mrf

Re: Google Calendar Plugin

Post by mrf »

I'm a total newbie and can't get it to work.

Installed 1.0.1 (cant get 1.1.0 due to error), but I have no idea where to put my calendar id to make it work?

Any help please?

~mrf
leftfooter

Post by leftfooter »

Now that Google has stopped the rss/xml feeds from google calendar, should this plugin still be working?

I've gotten a client id, client secret key, app name and user name all configured in variables.inc, but I'm not getting any calendar entries showing up.

Is this plugin just using the API for everything now, and not relying on the xml feed at all? In which case I've got somthing set up incorrectly. I wasn't entirely sure whether I still needed to have the calendar URL in the variable mCal.Cal1, or what part of the url I needed to be put there.
ouiouimagicbox

Post by ouiouimagicbox »

leftfooter wrote:Now that Google has stopped the rss/xml feeds from google calendar, should this plugin still be working?
The plugin is working only with the Google API v3.
I'll try to take some times to rewrite a proper README and to do a quick howto about google client ID, secret, etc.

Unfortunately, I don't have as much time as I would have to update this plugin... :-(
Oui-Oui
Phuturist

Post by Phuturist »

Hello ouiouimagicbox, could you just post a couple of lines on how to make it work with the Google API v3 to point me into the right direction. I'm trying to figure it out but I'm stuck here.

I created a OAuth clientId and client secret but I would not know how to go from there. Just entering these into the variables file is not enough. What should go into the GoogleAppName and GoogleUserName? Using the API explorer you are also required to give a calendarId, for instance primary. Is this hardcoded into the plugin?

I would be grateful if you could guide me in the right direction.
pds

Post by pds »

Google stopped xml, but you can replace with basic.ics file.

Code: Select all

RegExp=(?siU).*TZOFFSETFROM:(.*)TZOFFSETTO.*BEGIN:VEVENT.*DTSTART(.*)DTEND(.*)DTSTAMP.*DESCRIPTION(.*)LAST.*LOCATION(.*)SEQUENCE.*SUMMARY(.*)TRANSP
LittleOne

Post by LittleOne »

the sort order is a mess so how to sorted by the start time?, and how do we eliminate the past events?
koffeinjunkie

Post by koffeinjunkie »

Is there package of this plugin? I don't like to downlaod, paste and copy files anywhere. Or is it in experimental phase?