It is currently September 29th, 2024, 9:36 pm

Is it possible to:

General topics related to Rainmeter.
Panserbjorne

Is it possible to:

Post by Panserbjorne »

Hi all,

I was wondering if it is possible to create a VLC rainmeter skin, where i can:
- create a dropdown menu to a library of music,movies,etc.
- select a file
- VLC opens up plays the movie or song.
- when a movie opens up, the video window expands upwards from the control bar, which is the primary control, in a constrained initial resolution
- I can go to full screen by double clicking, just like if i had VLC open, but when i exit full screen, have the video go back to the exact same position on my desktop and size.

I probably dont know what im talking about and it may not pertain to rainmeter at all. I'm kind of new so i dont know the limitations of rainmeter quite yet.

Thanks,
Panserbjorne
dragonmage
Developer

Re: Is it possible to:

Post by dragonmage »

Yes, this is possible with the 2.5 beta Rainmeter
VLC command line options
poiru's CAD plugin for VLC
NowPlaying Rainmeter plugin
FileView Rainmeter plugin

I had most of it worked out before my computer died and I lost the work.
Virginityrocks

Re: Is it possible to:

Post by Virginityrocks »

You can use dropdown menus in Desktop+. Just select "Tucked Away" mode during the setup. Once done, you'll have dropdown menus similar to the menu bar in Mac OS X. Go to Settings >> Toolbar Settings, and select the name of the toolbar you want to change the directory of. It will launch a file explorer. Navigate to the movies, music, etc. folder and press OK. You can also change the name of the toolbar you've changed by going to Misc. Options, Etc. and selecting "View advanced settings and variables...", changing the name of the given toolbar, saving the INI and refreshing Rainmeter. Right-click on the settings button for a quick !RefreshApp.

There is also the fullscreen mode, but from what it sounds like, tucked away mode is for you.
Tip: If your taskbar is on the left, top or right side instead of the bottom, right-click on the Rainmeter icon, and select "Edit settings". You will need to change the designated work area for your screen. Changing the values of 0,28,0,40 will change the pixel reservation of screen space in the following order: Left, Top, Right, Bottom. The default taskbar size is 30 and 40 for XP/Vista and 7/8 respectively. The dropdown menu takes up 28 pixels.
Droptop Four
Dropdown menu bar & app launcher for Windows & Rainmeter