It is currently September 29th, 2024, 9:36 pm

Rainmeter on Windows 8 RT

General topics related to Rainmeter.
Seahorse

Rainmeter on Windows 8 RT

Post by Seahorse »

Some coverage at Addictive Tips and guidance on how to do this on your Windows 8 tablet using and XDA-Dev version of Rainmeter...
Windows RT has been around for a few months now, with Microsoft’s own Windows Surface being the primary device this tablet-friendly OS has been running on so far. Recently, when XDA member clrokr successfully jailbroke Windows RT, it resulted in opening up doors of possibilities for the homebrew community to run ported x86 desktop apps on ARM architecture. By now, a multitude of app have already been ported to the platform by various users, and one of the awesome additions to the ported apps library is Rainmeter. For those who don’t know about it yet, it’s a fascinating desktop customization utility that allows you to give your desktop a complete makeover. In what follows, we will guide you through the process of changing that boring desktop look and spicing it up with Rainmeter’s plethora of gorgeous skin packs.

Would you like to know more?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Regrettably your planet is one of those scheduled for demolition"
Mike

My Skins at DeviantArt

CybOrSpasm

Re: Rainmeter on Windows 8 RT

Post by CybOrSpasm »

"Would you like to know more?"

I see what you did there! Now I have to go watch Starship Troopers! };]
lysy1993lbn

Post by lysy1993lbn »

I knew it would be possible sooner or later!

Now, we have to wait for Rainmeter developers to release official ARM version :)
"Never argue with an idiot, he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."
my deviantART | Alternative Rainmeter tray icons
smurfier

Post by smurfier »

It should be noted that Microsoft is currently debating on "fixing" the jailbreak so that it cannot be used.
GitHub | DeviantArt | Tumblr
This is the song that never ends. It just goes on and on my friends. Some people started singing it not knowing what it was, and they'll continue singing it forever just because . . .
lysy1993lbn

Post by lysy1993lbn »

smurfier wrote:It should be noted that Microsoft is currently debating on "fixing" the jailbreak so that it cannot be used.
Even if they do so, I'm sure someone will jailbreak it with another method soon after..
"Never argue with an idiot, he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."
my deviantART | Alternative Rainmeter tray icons
Seahorse

Post by Seahorse »

CybOrSpasm wrote:"Would you like to know more?"

I see what you did there! Now I have to go watch Starship Troopers! };]
Oddly enough I watched Starship Troopers Invasion this week, which wasn't too shabby... 8-) I am a sucker for the first film though...
fnlogo.gif
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"Regrettably your planet is one of those scheduled for demolition"
Mike

My Skins at DeviantArt

CybOrSpasm

Post by CybOrSpasm »

Oddly enough I watched Starship Troopers Invasion this week, which wasn't too shabby... I am a sucker for the first film though...
LOL! Loved the first movie, even though it was NOTHING like the books. #2 and #3... Well, not so much. Watchable, but not as good as the first one. };] Haven't see Invasion yet though.