It is currently April 25th, 2024, 1:13 am

RIP Alice-Reworked

A package of skins with a "theme" or by a single author
TheFireFox

Re: RIP Alice-Reworked

Post by TheFireFox »

Sorry for the late reply, been a bit hectic around here :P
Mordasius wrote: I've heard Winstep Nexus Dock does a fairly good job and overcomes a few of the niggles and glitches with RocketDock. You might like to use a few of OrmiKoresh's AMA Icon Set to give it an Alice feel.
Took me a couple of days but I got the Winstep Nexus Ultimate version at the moment. It's actually quite stable, the only real error-ish things i found are the fact that the "discs" directory you can set up doesn't include USB devices and the fact that you lose recycle bin right click options i used for heidi eraser and CCleaner so i have to do that manually now, bit annoying but that's mostly because i'm lazy :P.

Can't seem to find a good dock skin for it to match Alice though :(
Mordasius wrote:The uTorrent skin uses WebUI to access info on uploads and downloads. It looks like rutorrent also has a WebUI but I haven't looked at it so I don't how much would have to be changed in the LUA script that reads it.
I'm going to have a go at that once I have the chance, rutorrent IS a WebUI for rtorrent so it shouldn't be to hard to code that in, all it has to do is connect to webserver and report stats from a couple of plugins like hdd space, speed u/d, and RAM used (CPU speed isn't really that important because you generally max out your HDD speed or RAM before you come close to maxing out your CPU :P), other then that it can just report the same stuff the utorrent function does, maybe add a "open url" on click or something but i'll see how far i get with the limited time i have :P.
TheFireFox

Re: RIP Alice-Reworked

Post by TheFireFox »

The only thing i'm really missing in this interface is a current IP widget (useful for VPN users, i constantly need to check my IP manually :P) you could click link it to /show /hide either OpenVPN or a specific program specified by editing the settings and an intergrated version of the rainmaker and theme updater, all of it skinned in a steampunk kind of setup.

Pretty much all of the above is already made, you can just rip it from another theme you'd just have to skin it ;) that's where I epicly fail lol.

None the less, i'm still using it, great look, the network monitor looks a bit messy though, might be confusing for some people but that's just my 2 cents, others might find it extremely easy to monitor :P.