It is currently September 29th, 2024, 9:27 pm

Rainmeter without SpeedFan?

General topics related to Rainmeter.
dundas

Rainmeter without SpeedFan?

Post by dundas »

Hello, I wasn't sure where to put this so sorry if its in the wrong section. Anyways, as the title suggests, is it in any way possible to have the GPU and/or CPU Tempratures running without having the SpeedFan application installed/running? I hate the idea of having an extra application running for such a little thing, so is there any way of doing that without having speedfan running all the time? Thanks in advance!
jsmorley
Developer

Re: Rainmeter without SpeedFan?

Post by jsmorley »

dundas wrote:Hello, I wasn't sure where to put this so sorry if its in the wrong section. Anyways, as the title suggests, is it in any way possible to have the GPU and/or CPU Tempratures running without having the SpeedFan application installed/running? I hate the idea of having an extra application running for such a little thing, so is there any way of doing that without having speedfan running all the time? Thanks in advance!
Sorry, no. In any of the available plugin options for temps, you have to have the "host" application running.
dundas

Post by dundas »

:( Alright. Also one more quesiton. When i press WIN + D, the skins dissapear. Is there any way to prevent that?
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

dundas wrote::( Alright. Also one more quesiton. When i press WIN + D, the skins dissapear. Is there any way to prevent that?
Use the context menu for the skin and be sure "Settings / Position" is set to "On Desktop"
dundas

Post by dundas »

They still disappear when I set it to "On Desktop".
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

dundas wrote:They still disappear when I set it to "On Desktop".
Shouldn't... Sure you don't have some other software that is doing something with your display that might be getting involved?
dundas

Post by dundas »

The only thing that might be causing an issue would be Actual Multiple Monitors, but so far I have not been able to find a setting where it would hide everything including the skins.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

dundas wrote:The only thing that might be causing an issue would be Actual Multiple Monitors, but so far I have not been able to find a setting where it would hide everything including the skins.
I'm betting that software is the issue though. Try unloading it just for a test.
dundas

Post by dundas »

Nope. They still disappear.
dundas

Post by dundas »

Weird. sometimes they stay on, and sometimes they disappear.