It is currently April 19th, 2024, 6:12 am

Google Wave

Post reviews, recommendations and questions about other software.
Kaelri
Developer

Google Wave

Post by Kaelri »

As most of you probably know, the first mass Google Wave invitations are going out sometime today. 100,000 people will be getting access in the first round, and apparently, each one of those comes with 8 additional invites to pass along.

For those of us who don't have that many friends or coworkers to invite (I've only promised 4 of mine away), I was thinking that those of us who make it into the first round can use this thread to distribute our extra invites to fellow Rainmeter brothers who weren't so lucky. :)

If you're still in the dark about what Google Wave is, here's a good rundown on Lifehacker.
jsmorley
Developer

Re: Google Wave

Post by jsmorley »

Kaelri wrote:As most of you probably know, the first mass Google Wave invitations are going out sometime today. 100,000 people will be getting access in the first round, and apparently, each one of those comes with 8 additional invites to pass along.

For those of us who don't have that many friends or coworkers to invite (I've only promised 4 of mine away), I was thinking that those of us who make it into the first round can use this thread to distribute our extra invites to fellow Rainmeter brothers who weren't so lucky. :)

If you're still in the dark about what Google Wave is, here's a good rundown on Lifehacker.
If you get an invite, I would LOVE one of your Kaelri..
Kaelri
Developer

Post by Kaelri »

One down, three to go. :)

(To clarify, I have no idea whether I'll get any invites or not, so this is of course a conditional offer.)
MattKing
Developer

Post by MattKing »

I would love one too!

Can't believe they didn't give me an invite. Jerks.
Alex2539
Rainmeter Sage

Post by Alex2539 »

I'll give it a go. We can all be Google Buddies! :D
ImageImageImageImage
sgtevmckay

Post by sgtevmckay »

I ran a forum note on this as well.

If anyone pulls down invites, please let me know. I have been waiting for months now :?
Samus Aran

Post by Samus Aran »

I'd like to be invited to this, too :D
Looks interesting :D
sgtevmckay

Post by sgtevmckay »

Wave is certainly a multi-party collaboration groups dream. I hope they will be able to institute all of the various stuff they originally advertised back towards the first of the year

Not to mention that this could really advance our "Help" capabilities through the forums, and to members alike.
The ability to see and work directly on code in real time, with many inputs and corrections on the spot

I am so anxious to see this really happen
iUnify

Post by iUnify »

Two things...

One, if there so happens to be an extra invite I would very much appreciate one. I don't want to take that oppertunity from anyone before myself so if there is nothing I will just have to wait. ;)

.... but if there is, that'd be nice.

Now, secondly- I have done a little research into this- not much- I'd already heard about this back in March I think- but what exactly is different in this from a direct desktop connection?

Alright- hope everyone is well!
sgtevmckay

Post by sgtevmckay »

iUnify wrote:Two things...

One, if there so happens to be an extra invite I would very much appreciate one. I don't want to take that oppertunity from anyone before myself so if there is nothing I will just have to wait. ;)

.... but if there is, that'd be nice.

Now, secondly- I have done a little research into this- not much- I'd already heard about this back in March I think- but what exactly is different in this from a direct desktop connection?

Alright- hope everyone is well!
Ah...Let me count the ways
  • Better security
    Better live functionality/interactivity
    Unlimited interaction
    Better delayed interoperability on projects (without loss, the project can remain live. no more down load change-upload)
    E-mail and code client in one
    Eventual voice communique (may not be available by initial release)
    Ability to work code, or project, away from a direct link to your system
    Someone Else's server to operate on, so no bandwidth choke if too many get on a single project.
    Can store, modify, and be seen what was done and by whom at a later time/date
    instant sharing
Oops.....ran outa putties
there is so much more, and the time for international direct interoperability has come.