It is currently May 20th, 2022, 11:51 am

Predator Clock

Clocks and timer skins
ShadowMaelstrom
Posts: 5
Joined: January 16th, 2013, 4:08 pm

Predator Clock

Post by ShadowMaelstrom »

This is a clock I made inspired by the predator glyphs from the films and games. You can adjust the opasity of the decimal numbers so that you can read them or turn them off to be like a true predator checking the time before the next hunt!

This is the first thing I have made for rainmeter please be kind!
User avatar
Mordasius
Posts: 1089
Joined: January 22nd, 2011, 4:23 pm
Location: GMT +8

Re: Predator Clock

Post by Mordasius »

Nice one! How long does it take before you can read the time without the decimal numbers showing in the background?
Bekarfel
Posts: 203
Joined: May 16th, 2012, 5:38 am

Re: Predator Clock

Post by Bekarfel »

9 MB for a 17 kB script and 10 digits is grossly excessive. I got it down to 49.2 kB and attached it here
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
moshi wrote:there are many Rainmeter skins that aren't really useful, so let's add another one.
jsmorley wrote:I have good news and bad news.
First the bad news. [...] We would be happy to have this happen and would love to work with anyone who is feeling ambitious.
Now the good news.
I lied, there isn't any good news...
ShadowMaelstrom
Posts: 5
Joined: January 16th, 2013, 4:08 pm

Re: Predator Clock

Post by ShadowMaelstrom »

Bekarfel wrote:9 MB for a 17 kB script and 10 digits is grossly excessive. I got it down to 49.2 kB and attached it here
Did I mention this is the first thing I have ever made for rainmeter?

Thanks for streamlining it.
Bekarfel
Posts: 203
Joined: May 16th, 2012, 5:38 am

Re: Predator Clock

Post by Bekarfel »

you did, and you did. I gotta keep remembering that I was a noob once too.
I was kind of stunned that an image could be 5 to 17 times larger than the absolute maximum size value needed to store the image data

if I came across too harsh I apologize
moshi wrote:there are many Rainmeter skins that aren't really useful, so let's add another one.
jsmorley wrote:I have good news and bad news.
First the bad news. [...] We would be happy to have this happen and would love to work with anyone who is feeling ambitious.
Now the good news.
I lied, there isn't any good news...
ShadowMaelstrom
Posts: 5
Joined: January 16th, 2013, 4:08 pm

Re: Predator Clock

Post by ShadowMaelstrom »

Bekarfel wrote:you did, and you did. I gotta keep remembering that I was a noob once too.
I was kind of stunned that an image could be 5 to 17 times larger than the absolute maximum size value needed to store the image data

if I came across too harsh I apologize
No problem. Thank you for your help!