It is currently September 29th, 2024, 11:23 pm

mouseover dropdown directories - request

General topics related to Rainmeter.
dospes

mouseover dropdown directories - request

Post by dospes »

I couldn't find a skin/app request section, so I'm just gonna post this here:

I was looking for a way to have my desktop like this:

Somewhere in the upper half, there are some "directories" like games, programs, files, etc.
If you mouseover one of those directories, the content of that would drop underneath, so you could open one of those programs, games etc.

Is there any way to make this possible in Rainmeter, and if so does it already exist or could somebody make it.

Thx for anweres, dospes :)
JoBu

Re: mouseover dropdown directories - request

Post by JoBu »

Good morning, or afternoon as it may be,

We don't do requests here at the forum - but there are many skins that use a mouseover effect for launcher skins like you describe.

The forums are more for helping others to develop skins on their own - development support, as it were.

You should be able to find a skin that suits your needs at DeviantArt - search the Rainmeter group and something will turn up :)

Otherwise, you can look through the DOCS section in the "Support" area of this site and learn how to do it on your own... that way it looks and acts exactly the way you want it to - if during your development of the skin you run into issues or you have questions, post them here in the forums and we'll help you out.

Hope that helps, I know it's not exactly what you were after, but if I run across a skin like you describe, I'll post again telling you where to get it.

Cheers,

//JoBu
dospes

Post by dospes »

Ok, thanks for the quick answer :thumbup:

I'm going to browse some skins on DevianART, but eventually I'll just have to learn C++ and do it by myself :D

dospes
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

dospes wrote:I couldn't find a skin/app request section, so I'm just gonna post this here:

I was looking for a way to have my desktop like this:

Somewhere in the upper half, there are some "directories" like games, programs, files, etc.
If you mouseover one of those directories, the content of that would drop underneath, so you could open one of those programs, games etc.

Is there any way to make this possible in Rainmeter, and if so does it already exist or could somebody make it.

Thx for anweres, dospes :)
@dospes

You are welcome to modify my dynamic menu or lists demo skins in this forum; they do basically what you are asking...
dragonmage
Developer

Post by dragonmage »

dospes wrote:Ok, thanks for the quick answer :thumbup:

I'm going to browse some skins on DevianART, but eventually I'll just have to learn C++ and do it by myself :D

dospes
You don't actually need to learn C++ to do create what you want. The Rainmeter program is written in C++ but skins are made in a "simple" .ini format which tells the program what to display.