It is currently April 27th, 2024, 9:11 pm

user setting variables and applying to skin parts?

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
kin37ik

user setting variables and applying to skin parts?

Post by kin37ik »

okay, so im needing now to have to setup a panel of sorts for users who would like to use my skin, to change certain variables, let me put it in an example here.

i have several icons for applications and i realized that users will not always have applications installed into default directories, so instead of having to manually change it, i would like to have a user panel that can be opened, with an option to click a "Browse" button so they can point that specific icon to an EXE file, and then when done, they can close the user panel and it will save and remember it till they change the directory again, i figured to acheive this, id need to have user changable variables, i somewhat have an idea of how to get those user variables, however, its parsing those to the icons and other parts of the skin i cant get a grasp of.

how can i go about this in a way that doesnt make it too stupidly complex and hard to maintain? cheers.
kin37ik

Re: user setting variables and applying to skin parts?

Post by kin37ik »

after having a poke around in the manual, i still dont quite understand a couple of things:

1: setting a variable in an options panel in text for my skin and then parsing that variable to the part of the skin that needs to be changed (such as a directory of an icon, or colour of a skin piece)

2: Keeping that variable text in the text box till a user changes it.

how do i go about this?