It is currently April 27th, 2024, 11:24 pm

Skin isnt deactivating

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
OceanGFX

Skin isnt deactivating

Post by OceanGFX »

I have a skin that when u open it,it directly opens a program,but when i close that program,the skin iteself doesnt close,so that if i refresh rainmeter or close and open it,it would directly open the skin wich would open the program,unless affter i open the skin and the program opens,i right click any skin and manualy go close the skin,now whats confuseing me is that iv copied the code from a skin and that does exactly that,opens program and unloads skin affter that,and iv made a skin exactly that opens the skin and closes itself,but idk what im doing wrong here that it wont close itself automaticaly,let me show u the codes,

Code: Select all

[Rainmeter]
Update=1000

[Metadata]
Name=Circles Configuration
Config=Circles
Description=Change the variables in Circles skin
Instructions=Click "Set" when you are satisfied with the item you are editing. | Click "Save All" to apply the changes to UserVariables.inc. | Click "Reset" to undo all the changes you have made since you launched the tool. | Click "Default" to restore the skin defaults from DefaultVariables.sav.
Version=1.0.0
License=Creative Commons Attribution-Non-Commercial-Share Alike 3.0

[Configuration]
Measure=CALC
Formula=1
IfEqualValue=1
IfEqualAction=!Execute ["#SKINSPATH#Circles\Black\Apps and Folders\Configure\config.exe"][!RainmeterDeactivateConfig #CURRENTCONFIG#]

[RandomMeter]
Meter=IMAGE
SolidColor=0,0,0,0
W=1
H=1
Hidden=1
this wont close affter i open it,

[Rainmeter]
Update=1000

[Metadata]
Name=Circles Configuration
Config=Circles
Description=Change the variables in Circles skin
Instructions=Click "Set" when you are satisfied with the item you are editing. | Click "Save All" to apply the changes to UserVariables.inc. | Click "Reset" to undo all the changes you have made since you launched the tool. | Click "Default" to restore the skin defaults from DefaultVariables.sav.
Version=1.0.0

[Configuration]
Measure=CALC
Formula=1
IfEqualValue=1
IfEqualAction=!Execute ["#SKINSPATH#Circles\Black\Configure\config.exe"][!RainmeterDeactivateConfig #CURRENTCONFIG#]

[RandomMeter]
Meter=IMAGE
SolidColor=0,0,0,0
W=1
H=1
Hidden=1
this is the one i made and it works fine,

[Rainmeter]
Update=1000

[Metadata]
Name=Ventuz Configuration
Config=Ventuz
Description=Change the variables in Ventuz skin
Version=1.0.0

[Configuration]
Measure=CALC
Formula=1
IfEqualValue=1
IfEqualAction=!Execute ["#SKINSPATH#Ventuz\Configure\config.exe"][!RainmeterDeactivateConfig #CURRENTCONFIG#]

[RandomMeter]
Meter=IMAGE
SolidColor=0,0,0,0
W=1
H=1
Hidden=1
and iv copied the second one that works off of this,now the one thing they both have in common is that,iv copied the same layout and file,ventuz claims it has the same config as the one fediafedia gave out,so im useing fedias config on the one that works,now your going to tell me why dont i just use the same layout for ventuz on the one that isnt working,id love that but the problem is when i open the config it says "ventuzconfig",iv contacted a few people to try to help me and tell me how to change it,fedia has a settings.inc file,but ventuz doesnt,so how did ventuz change the config name??,idk...really really appreciate it if some1 can help me out,im really desperate
Kaelri
Developer

Re: Skin isnt deactivating

Post by Kaelri »

The problem is here:

[!RainmeterDeactivateConfig #CURRENTCONFIG#]
In the first version of the skin, the config name has spaces: Circles\Black\Apps and Folders\.... In order to use this path as a bang parameter, you should place quotes around the path, as in: [!RainmeterDeactivateConfig "#CURRENTCONFIG#"]

However, you can do this in a much simpler way:

[Rainmeter]
OnRefreshAction=["#SKINSPATH#Ventuz\Configure\config.exe"][!DeactivateConfig]

[RandomMeter]
Meter=Image
OceanGFX

Post by OceanGFX »

Kaelri wrote:The problem is here:

[!RainmeterDeactivateConfig #CURRENTCONFIG#]
In the first version of the skin, the config name has spaces: Circles\Black\Apps and Folders\.... In order to use this path as a bang parameter, you should place quotes around the path, as in: [!RainmeterDeactivateConfig "#CURRENTCONFIG#"]

However, you can do this in a much simpler way:

[Rainmeter]
OnRefreshAction=["#SKINSPATH#Ventuz\Configure\config.exe"][!DeactivateConfig]

[RandomMeter]
Meter=Image
I love you :),but iv never heard of that command,onrefresh,cool :),do you think you can help me with one more problem even thought i dont think you can?
or even if you get a chance to see this post again,like iv mentioned earlier,fediafedia's config contains a settings.inc were u can choose the color of the backround of the config and its name in the task bar,ventuz links that he uses the same config,but his is wider,and there is no settings.inc with his,so i copied his because its wider,because my skin has a little more description in it,so i used his,then when i realized it says configventuz on the taskbar,now i cant post a skin and people useing the config and realise its called configventuz,and there is no settings.inc file so i can change the name,so your going to tell me to use fedias config,id love to by i cant get fedias config to get a little wider,i sent alot of messages to people to help me out but im not getting a reply.
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

OceanGFX wrote: I love you :),but iv never heard of that command,onrefresh,cool :),do you think you can help me with one more problem even thought i dont think you can?
or even if you get a chance to see this post again,like iv mentioned earlier,fediafedia's config contains a settings.inc were u can choose the color of the backround of the config and its name in the task bar,ventuz links that he uses the same config,but his is wider,and there is no settings.inc with his,so i copied his because its wider,because my skin has a little more description in it,so i used his,then when i realized it says configventuz on the taskbar,now i cant post a skin and people useing the config and realise its called configventuz,and there is no settings.inc file so i can change the name,so your going to tell me to use fedias config,id love to by i cant get fedias config to get a little wider,i sent alot of messages to people to help me out but im not getting a reply.
I modified FediaFedia's code for the config utility, adding variables in Setting.ini for:
  • PanelWidth
    PanelHeight
    Changed "AppTitle" to "TaskBarTitle".
    Allocated 3 lines for the description area.
Using these size variables and the additional description lines, you should have more than enough space for detailed descriptions of your variables.

The configuration window will re-size the variables list, the position of the description, and user input based on the PanelWidth and PanelHeight settings in the ini.

If you do change the PanelWidth, you should also modify the header.png to match the new PanelWidth, otherwise the image will be scaled to fit.

The included instructions.rtf help file was updated to reflect these changes and changes that have occurred in Rainmeter regarding !Refresh and !Execute bang commands.

The compiled revised config tool is named: configvariable.exe (the original is config.exe).
Other than being able to size and name the config window, it should function exactly like the original. Like the original, you are free to edit the source and modify it to your needs.

Thanks FediaFedia for the original tool! Posted in 2010 and still popular.

I attached a zipped folder with all of the original and modified files. Hope this helps you.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
OceanGFX

Post by OceanGFX »

eclectic-tech wrote: I modified FediaFedia's code for the config utility, adding variables in Setting.ini for:
  • PanelWidth
    PanelHeight
    Changed "AppTitle" to "TaskBarTitle".
    Allocated 3 lines for the description area.
Using these size variables and the additional description lines, you should have more than enough space for detailed descriptions of your variables.

The configuration window will re-size the variables list, the position of the description, and user input based on the PanelWidth and PanelHeight settings in the ini.

If you do change the PanelWidth, you should also modify the header.png to match the new PanelWidth, otherwise the image will be scaled to fit.

The included instructions.rtf help file was updated to reflect these changes and changes that have occurred in Rainmeter regarding !Refresh and !Execute bang commands.

The compiled revised config tool is named: configvariable.exe (the original is config.exe).
Other than being able to size and name the config window, it should function exactly like the original. Like the original, you are free to edit the source and modify it to your needs.

Thanks FediaFedia for the original tool! Posted in 2010 and still popular.

I attached a zipped folder with all of the original and modified files. Hope this helps you.
thx very much i can use this,but one problem,how can i delete the red outline?and is there a way i can edit the source code and just change what its called,for the the ventuz config,because iv already made everything to work with my ventuz config,i just want to change what its called,and the problem is iv name my variables settings.inc not uservariables,sooo idk lol,but if i cant edit the source code to change what its called ill just use it,and if i cant erase the red outline,i guess ill just use it to lol.
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

OceanGFX wrote: thx very much i can use this,but one problem,how can i delete the red outline?and is there a way i can edit the source code and just change what its called,for the the ventuz config,because iv already made everything to work with my ventuz config,i just want to change what its called,and the problem is iv name my variables settings.inc not uservariables,sooo idk lol,but if i cant edit the source code to change what its called ill just use it,and if i cant erase the red outline,i guess ill just use it to lol.
The file it edits is the one listed on the last line in the RainConfigure.cfg file:

[Variables]
[Files]
UserVariables.inc
The problem you will have if you change this to 'settings.inc' is that is the same name as the variables for the config program; you need to rename your variables file to different name.

The name at the top is an image (header.png) and can be edited in any graphic editor.
The name shown on the Taskbar is controlled by the TaskbarTitle variable in the settings.inc file in this folder.

As for the 'red outline', I do not see that...

You should read the instruction that fediaFedia included for more help.
OceanGFX

Post by OceanGFX »

eclectic-tech wrote: The file it edits is the one listed on the last line in the RainConfigure.cfg file:

[Variables]
[Files]
UserVariables.inc
The problem you will have if you change this to 'settings.inc' is that is the same name as the variables for the config program; you need to rename your variables file to different name.

The name at the top is an image (header.png) and can be edited in any graphic editor.
The name shown on the Taskbar is controlled by the TaskbarTitle variable in the settings.inc file in this folder.

As for the 'red outline', I do not see that...

You should read the instruction that fediaFedia included for more help.
thats funny,i could swear there was a red outline when i opened the program,guess its gone now :),thx very much for your help,but i guess ill have to annoy you with one more thing,how can i make it so that it isnt 3 lines of description,i only need one,considering i can make it wider,so is there any way i can make it with one description line?,and the problem is with me naming my variables to "settings"and changing it to user variables,i have to go around 30 skins and manually change the @inclue #skinpath#Circle\config\uservariable,instead of settings,its gonna take some time but ill get it done,so please reply about the description line customizing
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

I will think about making the the description height variable as well :sly: , but no time right now... the attached file is a version with variable width and height, and with single line descriptions...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
OceanGFX

Post by OceanGFX »

i really appreciate this,thanks very much