It is currently April 23rd, 2024, 9:24 am

PIANO, for Rainmeter

Media controls, music players, video and animated visualizers
perfectdork

Re: PIANO, for Rainmeter

Post by perfectdork »

Thank you for the positive feedback. I'm incredibly appreciative. However, Version 2 might be a ways off, currently I've only been making minor adjustments to improve upon the current version, such as decreasing the size of .wav files and fixing coding errors. I can say however, that I do have plans for a PIANO II, which might include: re-sampled .wav files, and a slightly altered GUI to support functions that one might attribute as going hand in hand with playing the piano. The only thing I can say definitively, and without revealing any spoilers, is that when version 2 does come out, it'll be all that much better thanks to the wonderful and generous participation of the Rainmeter community. Seriously, you guys are amazing and I'm thankful that we can share amongst ourselves and improve upon existing ideas to deliver better and better quality each time.
fragrant.monkey

Post by fragrant.monkey »

perfectdork wrote:Thank you for the positive feedback. I'm incredibly appreciative. However, Version 2 might be a ways off, currently I've only been making minor adjustments to improve upon the current version, such as decreasing the size of .wav files and fixing coding errors. I can say however, that I do have plans for a PIANO II, which might include: re-sampled .wav files, and a slightly altered GUI to support functions that one might attribute as going hand in hand with playing the piano. The only thing I can say definitively, and without revealing any spoilers, is that when version 2 does come out, it'll be all that much better thanks to the wonderful and generous participation of the Rainmeter community. Seriously, you guys are amazing and I'm thankful that we can share amongst ourselves and improve upon existing ideas to deliver better and better quality each time.
Well, it is a very original idea to be sure!
Haahaa... I was only joking about the Bos. :D

Although... them left hand black keys are mighty pretty.... :twisted:
fragrant.monkey :: deviantArt: aka snuffleupagus | coding: ThemeSaver for RocketDock | musician: Madera Dulce
perfectdork

Post by perfectdork »

Well I found the Bös tidbit entertaining. I'm always up for a little piano humor. To be honest I would probably skin a Steinway & Sons before a Bös though, if only for the fact that I have zero to little knowledge of, or experience with, Bösendorfer pianos. On a side note, I think my PIANO looks a bit like a Yamaha? Lol.
fragrant.monkey

Post by fragrant.monkey »

perfectdork wrote:Well I found the Bös tidbit entertaining. I'm always up for a little piano humor. To be honest I would probably skin a Steinway & Sons before a Bös though, if only for the fact that I have zero to little knowledge of, or experience with, Bösendorfer pianos. On a side note, I think my PIANO looks a bit like a Yamaha? Lol.
:thumbup: Surely!
As a contrabassist you must understand my infatuation with the low end... those 4 to 9 extra low notes are to be revered and cherished. Dare I say... worshipped... 8-)
fragrant.monkey :: deviantArt: aka snuffleupagus | coding: ThemeSaver for RocketDock | musician: Madera Dulce
slartibartfast

Post by slartibartfast »

Just wondering if this skin really needs Rainmeter 2.5, or if you just left the default setting when you packaged the skin? If it does, what feature(s) of 2.5 does it use?
perfectdork

Post by perfectdork »

No, it doesn't require the 2.5 Beta. I used 2.4 to package. To test it, I installed it multiple times on Windows 7 running Rainmeter 2.4 Final. It worked 100%. In addition, the coding is both outdated and simple. It should support certain legacy versions of Rainmeter. However, this only applies to the coding after extraction. So far, I've received no complaints about compatibility either. May I ask what version of Rainmeter you're running and what version of Windows you're running as well?