It is currently March 28th, 2024, 1:02 pm

FileView plugin 2.1

Plugins and Addons popular with the Community
Virginityrocks

Re: FileView plugin 2.1

Post by Virginityrocks »

moshi wrote:what would be really nice would be a number option for the IndexUp/IndexDown command measures.

for example i have icons arrangend in arranged in a 8x4 (Count=32) grid. i use the mouse-wheel to scroll up/down rows.

so this is my current code:

Code: Select all

MouseScrollDownAction=[!MoveMeter "([Scrollbar:X])" "(([Scrollbar:Y])+([MeasureStepHeight])) <  (((([Index1Icon:Y])-10)+550)-([MeasureScrollbarHeight])) ? (([Scrollbar:Y])+([MeasureStepHeight])) : ([Scrollbar:Y])" Scrollbar][!CommandMeasure mPath "IndexDown"][!CommandMeasure mPath "IndexDown"][!CommandMeasure mPath "IndexDown"][!CommandMeasure mPath "IndexDown"][!CommandMeasure mPath "IndexDown"][!CommandMeasure mPath "IndexDown"][!CommandMeasure mPath "IndexDown"][!CommandMeasure mPath "IndexDown"][!UpdateMeasure mPath][!UpdateMeasureGroup Children][!UpdateMeter *][!Redraw]
this works, but it seems to be pretty heavy stuff for Rainmeter to handle. it sometimes freezes.

wouldn't something like [!CommandMeasure mPath "IndexDown" 8] be lighter than executing than running the same command eight times?
I assume you've tried using PageUp and PageDown for scrolling, and setting Count=8 under [mPath] ?

I think I understand what you're trying to do. I noticed that you're making a scrollbar in your code? Are you aware that Brain has a lua script for scrolling with FileView now? You can find an example either somewhere in this thread, or in my signature skin. That would take some load off of Rainmeter with all of those section variables and measures.

I like your idea. [!CommandMeasure mPath "PageUp"] could be replaced with [!CommandMeasure mPath "IndexUp" #COUNT#]. It would do the same thing, but if you wanted to scroll more than 1 at a time, but less than a page, it'd be easy to swap around the values by just changing the value of count.
moshi

Post by moshi »

Virginityrocks wrote: I assume you've tried using PageUp and PageDown for scrolling, and setting Count=8 under [mPath] ?
it's a 32 icon grid. working with PageUp/PageDown would require 4 parent measures with Count=8, Count=16, Count=24 and Count=32. that would hardly make the skin lighter.

Virginityrocks wrote: I noticed that you're making a scrollbar in your code? Are you aware that Brain has a lua script for scrolling with FileView now? You can find an example either somewhere in this thread, or in my signature skin. That would take some load off of Rainmeter with all of those section variables and measures.
i am aware of the script. works fine for lists, not for grids. i also have my doubts that a Lua script will really use less resources than a few calculations.
Virginityrocks

Post by Virginityrocks »

Any updates on the crashing issue?

After doing some tests, I found out that the crashing stopped when I removed "OnUnfocusAction=[!DeactivateConfigGroup Toolbars]" from Background_Bar. The OnUnfocusAction shuts down the FileView toolbars before they are finished launching a program, which would explain why the problem is more evident on slow machines, because it takes longer for FileView to execute.

And the specific programs that would crash must be just programs that take, for whatever reason, a long time to execute, either because of the program itself takes a while to launch or because a delay in FileView with certain programs.

Here's a snippet of the code in Background_Bar that is causing the problem.

Code: Select all

[Rainmeter]
Blur=(#HideTopBar# > 0 ? 0 : #BGEnableAero#)
BlurRegion=1,0,0,#workareawidth#,27,0
MouseScrollDownAction=[!CommandMeasure "MeasureWin7Audio" "ChangeVolume -5"][!Update]
MouseScrollUpAction=[!CommandMeasure "MeasureWin7Audio" "ChangeVolume +5"][!Update]
RightMouseUpAction=[]
OnUnfocusAction=[!DeactivateConfigGroup Toolbars]
MouseActionCursor=0
Update=1000
Right now I'm looking for a way to stop the crashing when deactivating a config that has a FileView process currently executing, or some other work around, but I'm at a loss. Without a proper OnUnfocusAction the toolbars will not disappear when the user clicks on another object.

I just updated my skin with OnUnfocusAction removed until we can figure this out.
Brian
Developer

Post by Brian »

Virginityrocks wrote:Any updates on the crashing issue?
No updates yet, sorry. It's a little hard to figure out the problem because I cannot replicate the issue on any of the machines I have access to.
Virginityrocks wrote:And the specific programs that would crash must be just programs that take, for whatever reason, a long time to execute, either because of the program itself takes a while to launch or because a delay in FileView with certain programs.
This is curious. There should be little to no delay in launching files/folders with FileView, unless the thread is running (eg. a command like FollowPath, PreviousFolder, IndexUp/Down, PageUp/Down are still gathering the new files/folders/icons). Basically, if you see the files in your skin, the thread should be completed and commands like "Open" should work fine with very very little delay. Could you post the action (I assume a mouse action) you are using to open the problem software and also post a link to the software in question (so I can replicate it on my system) ?

@moshi: I would also like the ability to scroll through a list (or grid) by more then 1 or the count size. Unfortunately I won't have a lot of time in the near future to implement this. When/if I get some free time, I will devote some time to this.

-Brian
Virginityrocks

Post by Virginityrocks »

The program is the Rat 7 Smart Technology profile editor. http://www.cyborggaming.com/download.htm . Other programs also caused a crash, but this program much more consistently. I'm not 100% sure if the program will install without the hardware connected, but try. Other users were telling me they were experiencing similar problems, but didn't mention any specific programs.

The crash only occurs in the "Tucked Away" mode of my skin, and will not occur in the Full Screen mode, or when opening the program directly through explorer. The problem seemed to be caused by OnUnfocusAction=[!DeactivateConfigGroup Toolbars] being fired simultaneously with LeftMouseDownAction=[!CommandMeasure mIndex9Name "Open"][!DeactivateConfig]. The OnUnfocusAction bang is being fired from a separate config to the other. I presume the cause is from OnUnfocusAction deactivating the FileView config before it has completed, whereas I presume the LeftMouseDownAction !DeactivateConfig bang waits until !CommandMeasure has completed.

Removing OnUnfocusAction resolved the crashing issue, but obviously at the cost of an important functionality for dropdown menus. (Disappearing when navigating elsewhere)

You can find my skin in the signature for testing. The version on DeviantArt is hot fixed with OnUnfocusAction commented-out in the Background_Bar config. You can uncomment it there.
moshi

Post by moshi »

Brian wrote: @moshi: I would also like the ability to scroll through a list (or grid) by more then 1 or the count size. Unfortunately I won't have a lot of time in the near future to implement this. When/if I get some free time, I will devote some time to this.
cool. no need to hurry. in the current state it is something i like to try and play with, but not something i really use. (that would require drag&drop and system right-click menus)
Brian
Developer

Post by Brian »

@Virginityrocks: I was finally able to crash Rainmeter using your skin. It only happened a couple of times, but I think I have a solution. If you could test out this version and let me know if Rainmeter crashes. EDIT - Temporary version removed.

If you still experience problems, you might try running Rainmeter as an administrator to fix the problem as well (of course, this is just a temporary fix).

-Brian
Virginityrocks

Post by Virginityrocks »

Seems to be working! What was the issue? How did you solve it?
Brian
Developer

Post by Brian »

Good deal! This version of FileView will be in the next beta release.

-Brian
Virginityrocks

Post by Virginityrocks »

Just noticed a separate problem with the version of FileView you gave me yesterday. I can't launch any default Windows games, like Solitare and Minesweeper through FileView. Other Windows items, like Task Manager, and Regedit open fine. The games open fine in Explorer. Other non-windows games within the same FileView config execute fine.