It is currently April 19th, 2024, 7:55 am

FileView plugin 2.1

Plugins and Addons popular with the Community
Brian
Developer

Re: FileView plugin 2.1

Post by Brian »

Apparently this was a threading issue caused by another update. This has been fixed for the next beta (probably today).

-Brian
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

Brian wrote:Apparently this was a threading issue caused by another update. This has been fixed for the next beta (probably today).

-Brian
Beta with the fix for this, as well as the change to WildcardSearch with Recursive=2 is now up...
Virginityrocks

Post by Virginityrocks »

Still experiencing crashes when launching programs (though much less than before). More evident on slow machines and using Tucked Away mode in my skin. Rainmeter seems to crash occasionally when using [!CommandMeasure mIndex1Name "Open"] and [!DeactivateConfig] together in one line.
Droptop Four
Dropdown menu bar & app launcher for Windows & Rainmeter
poiru
Developer

Post by poiru »

Virginityrocks wrote:Still experiencing crashes when launching programs (though much less than before). More evident on slow machines and using Tucked Away mode in my skin. Rainmeter seems to crash occasionally when using [!CommandMeasure mIndex1Name "Open"] and [!DeactivateConfig] together in one line.
Can you give this test build (r1832) a shot? Can you also try another test build (r1834)? Both of them should work, so let me know if you have issues in either one.
Virginityrocks

Post by Virginityrocks »

Still experincing the issue in r1832, and I think FileView is broken in r1834 . Applications can't launch.

EDIT: Actually, hold that thought. After doing more tests it seems to only crash when I launch specific programs. At least one in particular, my Profile Editor software for my mouse...

But this doesn't happen in Full Screen mode. The application launches fine with no Rainmeter crash. I'm doing a few more tests, but it seems to be a conflict with Rainmeter, certain Rainmeter bangs and certain applications.
Last edited by Virginityrocks on March 21st, 2013, 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Droptop Four
poiru
Developer

Post by poiru »

Virginityrocks wrote:Still experincing the issue in r1832, and I think FileView is broken in r1834 . Applications can't launch.
Can you join our IRC channel here? It would make it easier to debug this issue.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Virginityrocks

Post by Virginityrocks »

Yes. Note the edit I made in the previous post.
Droptop Four
poiru
Developer

Post by poiru »

Virginityrocks wrote:Yes. Note the edit I made in the previous post.
There was actually an issue in those two builds. Join the IRC channel and I'll give you a fixed build.
Brian
Developer

Post by Brian »

Here is a new test build (r1837).

-Brian
moshi

Post by moshi »

what would be really nice would be a number option for the IndexUp/IndexDown command measures.

for example i have icons arrangend in arranged in a 8x4 (Count=32) grid. i use the mouse-wheel to scroll up/down rows.

so this is my current code:

Code: Select all

MouseScrollDownAction=[!MoveMeter "([Scrollbar:X])" "(([Scrollbar:Y])+([MeasureStepHeight])) <  (((([Index1Icon:Y])-10)+550)-([MeasureScrollbarHeight])) ? (([Scrollbar:Y])+([MeasureStepHeight])) : ([Scrollbar:Y])" Scrollbar][!CommandMeasure mPath "IndexDown"][!CommandMeasure mPath "IndexDown"][!CommandMeasure mPath "IndexDown"][!CommandMeasure mPath "IndexDown"][!CommandMeasure mPath "IndexDown"][!CommandMeasure mPath "IndexDown"][!CommandMeasure mPath "IndexDown"][!CommandMeasure mPath "IndexDown"][!UpdateMeasure mPath][!UpdateMeasureGroup Children][!UpdateMeter *][!Redraw]
this works, but it seems to be pretty heavy stuff for Rainmeter to handle. it sometimes freezes.

wouldn't something like [!CommandMeasure mPath "IndexDown" 8] be lighter than executing than running the same command eight times?