It is currently September 29th, 2024, 11:21 pm

To complicated and difficult to use

General topics related to Rainmeter.
wwsras

To complicated and difficult to use

Post by wwsras »

Rainmeter is simply to complicated and difficult to use by the average PC user. I tried many times to simply download, install and activate one skin suite but never could figure out how to make that happen, despite reading the user manual and browsing the forums. The product looks and sounds great, and I'm disappointed it is so difficult to use with so many menu options. I hope that changes in the future and if so I will try again, but I've lowered my frustration level by uninstalling the product and moving on. Good luck with future versions.
jsmorley
Developer

Re: To complicated and difficult to use

Post by jsmorley »

While we are always open to ideas to make Rainmeter easier to use, they are always considered in the light of the more important goal of making it as flexible and powerful as possible. The beauty of Rainmeter today is not that it is easy, but that it opens up possibilities only limited by your imagination.

To be perfectly honest, Rainmeter is not designed nor intended for the "average PC user", whatever that is... It is a toolkit, targeted primarilly at folks who want powerful, creative ways to "make the desktop their own".

I'm sorry you have been frustrated by the experience, but making Rainmeter a user friendly "widget" app is never going to be our direcction.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk
ScoobSTi

Re: To complicated and difficult to use

Post by ScoobSTi »

That's what I used to think... until I started making my own skins. I started out by making a simple skin that just showed the time and date and I was so confused that I deleted it (having never coded anything in my entire life). Then, a few more skin attempts later, I created a few personal skins that never got released.

Now, I'm in the progress of making an entire suite, which is almost done. My point is, you'll never learn how to do anything with Rainmeter if you don't try. :)