It is currently September 29th, 2024, 11:15 pm

Filelist Crashing

General topics related to Rainmeter.
StarburstSpectrum

Filelist Crashing

Post by StarburstSpectrum »

Ok First off I am aware of some of the problems with the FileList plugin. It is pretty buggy in general. Any 2 skins that use the same plugin will affect one another (overcome by using a copy of the plugin renamed), and also it seems that it causes other skins to update prematurely anytime it is banged.

But that's not what I'm posting about, I'm posting about crashing. I recently updated my Start Menu Skin with mouse scrolling and it crashes rainmeter a lot. It also causes big cpu spikes. It will work ok for a while, but with normal use it is guaranteed to crash rainmeter before too long, especially when doing alot of refreshing and scrolling. I cleaned up the code as much as I could and tried everything I could think of but still crashes. Also I can't seem to have it "Disabled" it seems to always be on no matter what.

I am aware of the whole "Rainmeter is not a windows replacement" stuff. I am just wondering if anyone has any input or thoughts?
fragrant.monkey

Re: Filelist Crashing

Post by fragrant.monkey »

fragrant.monkey :: deviantArt: aka snuffleupagus | coding: ThemeSaver for RocketDock | musician: Madera Dulce
StarburstSpectrum

Re: Filelist Crashing

Post by StarburstSpectrum »

Yes thank you I saw it this morning!! I am very excited!!! :D

Thanks 1000x to Brian, and anyone else who may have worked on it.