It is currently April 19th, 2024, 2:46 am

Google Calendar Skin

Clocks and timer skins
miniorty

Re: Google Calendar Skin

Post by miniorty »

The latest version up on DevArt does not require the latest beta.
ng0ofy wrote:Thanks!

It works, but only shows the location of the three task.
Thats odd. Have you modified the .ini at all other than putting your url in it?

Could you post part of you log file [available under the right click menu]

There should be a section that looks similar to this. The first two lines will be the same other than the url the next to may be a bit different

Code: Select all

DEBUG: (21:20:47.296) WebParser: Fetching URL: http://www.google.com/calendar/feeds/btmccord%40gmail.com/private-/basic?orderby=starttime&sortorder=ascending&futureevents=true
DEBUG: (21:20:47.312) WebParser: Fetching URL: http://www.google.com/calendar/feeds/btmccord%40gmail.com/private-/full?orderby=starttime&sortorder=ascending&futureevents=true
DEBUG: (21:20:47.937) WebParser: Finished URL: http://www.google.com/calendar/feeds/btmccord%40gmail.com/private-/basic?orderby=starttime&sortorder=ascending&futureevents=true
DEBUG: (21:20:48.640) WebParser: Finished URL: http://www.google.com/calendar/feeds/btmccord%40gmail.com/private-/full?orderby=starttime&sortorder=ascending&futureevents=true
malweet

Post by malweet »

Hi,

First off - thanks for the awesome skin... I just started using Rainmeter, and simply having this one skin alone makes it worth it!

I was having a similar problem with displaying events as well - only the location showed up, and nothing else. I did some debugging in rainmeter itself, and then looked at the Regex used... the (multiple) parts where the expression is:

<summary type='html'>When: (.*)
is what's causing the problem. This doesn't take into account recurring events which will not have a "When" and will instead have code like:

<summary type='html'>Recurring Event<br> First start: 2009-10-13 20:00:00 UTC<br>
I'm not great at regex, so I'm not sure right off the bat how to fix this, but I am giving it a shot. However, I'm sure miniorty should be able to figure this out pretty quick!

Hope that helps!
malweet

Post by malweet »

I figured it out!

Instead of changing the Regex, replace [MeasureRegExp] and [MeasureRegExp2] in Calendar.ini with the following code:

[MeasureRegExp]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=Plugins\WebParser.dll
UpdateRate=2000
Url="#URL#/basic?orderby=starttime&sortorder=ascending&futureevents=true&singleevents=true&max-results=3"
RegExp="(?siU)<title type='html'>(.*)</title>.*<summary type='html'>When: (.*)<br>.*<title type='html'>(.*)</title>.*<summary type='html'>When: (.*)<br>.*<title type='html'>(.*)</title>.*<summary type='html'>When: (.*)<br>.*"

[MeasureRegExp2]
Measure=Plugin
UpdateRate=2000
Url="#URL#/full?orderby=starttime&sortorder=ascending&futureevents=true&singleevents=true&max-results=3"
RegExp="(?siU)<gd:where valueString='(.*)'/>.*<gd:where valueString='(.*)'/>.*<gd:where valueString='(.*)'/>.*"
The only changes are in "Url" for both [MeasureRegExp] and [MeasureRegExp2] - see the last modifiers added on: "&singleevents=true&max-results=3"

singleevents=true means that all recurring events are displayed as single events, and that's when miniorty's original RegEx expression works great! And max-results=3 just makes it faster since we want only the first 3 events.
miniorty

Post by miniorty »

malweet wrote:I figured it out!

Instead of changing the Regex, replace [MeasureRegExp] and [MeasureRegExp2] in Calendar.ini with the following code:

[MeasureRegExp]
Measure=Plugin
UpdateRate=2000
Url="#URL#/basic?orderby=starttime&sortorder=ascending&futureevents=true&singleevents=true&max-results=3"
RegExp="(?siU)<title type='html'>(.*)</title>.*<summary type='html'>When: (.*)<br>.*<title type='html'>(.*)</title>.*<summary type='html'>When: (.*)<br>.*<title type='html'>(.*)</title>.*<summary type='html'>When: (.*)<br>.*"

[MeasureRegExp2]
Measure=Plugin
UpdateRate=2000
Url="#URL#/full?orderby=starttime&sortorder=ascending&futureevents=true&singleevents=true&max-results=3"
RegExp="(?siU)<gd:where valueString='(.*)'/>.*<gd:where valueString='(.*)'/>.*<gd:where valueString='(.*)'/>.*"
The only changes are in "Url" for both [MeasureRegExp] and [MeasureRegExp2] - see the last modifiers added on: "&singleevents=true&max-results=3"

singleevents=true means that all recurring events are displayed as single events, and that's when miniorty's original RegEx expression works great! And max-results=3 just makes it faster since we want only the first 3 events.

Excellent find! I shall look through this and update soon. [Right now my internet is down at home so it will have to wait until i get it back up}
miniorty

Post by miniorty »

Update is up on DevArt

Version 1.2

-Fixed issues with repeating events
-Changed the event time to only show the starting time
-May also be a bit faster
sgtevmckay

Post by sgtevmckay »

danielevon

Post by danielevon »

Has anyone figured out how to use multiple calendars with this skin? I have tried using the method that google uses when you get the code for embedded calendars, where it loads multiple calendars by stringing them into the url, but i have tried every variation of this and nothing yet.

I have 6 calendars, and i want the skin to pull from all of them. Any help would be great