It is currently April 24th, 2024, 2:40 pm

Rainmeter as a Full Enterprise Solution

General topics related to Rainmeter.
Chaos_Reign

Rainmeter as a Full Enterprise Solution

Post by Chaos_Reign »

I wish to open this topic as a discussion into what is required to make Rainmeter a serious Enterprise Solution.
To encompass not only network monitoring, but independent computer monitoring through network paths/mapping.
Remote and local situations must be considered. Situations of Proxy by-pass/connection and SVN connections must also be considered.

The first hurdle I see is the need to establish a way for Rainmeter to be able to "log" securely into Password protected connections. Either through a third party consideration or a core solution.

I know there is certainly a number of obstacles to be considered and overcome.
if these can be properly identified, and discussed towards the ends of viable solutions, I can verify there are any number of companies/individuals that would leap at the chance to give Rainmeter a serious look.
This may also lead to a larger pool of Software design and engineers.

There is also the consideration: Is this a direction that Rainmeter should consider?

I open the door to this path of serious consideration and personal creative aspiration.
sgtevmckay

Re: Rainmeter as a Full Enterprise Solution

Post by sgtevmckay »

As we just discussed.

This seems heavily ambitious, but I think Morley has an excellent concept.
A home network-able solution.

This may, at least be, a good place to start and something to look into.

I do agree that secure connection logging capabilities is something that should be looked into.
The ability to sign in to a page for parsing, or other goodies, seems needed to not be ignored.