It is currently April 27th, 2024, 3:45 pm

Songbird

Report bugs with the Rainmeter application and suggest features.
UnforgivenRevival

Songbird

Post by UnforgivenRevival »

Any possibility adding the ability to control Songbird through the nowplaying plugin?
Kaelri
Developer

Re: Songbird

Post by Kaelri »

If I'm not mistaken, Songbird has extensions similar to Firefox and Thunderbird's. If there's an extension that lets Songbird use the CD Art Display interface, Rainmeter could take advantage of that.

(There may also be a more direct method, but I'm not familiar enough with Songbird to say.)
UnforgivenRevival

Kaelri wrote:If I'm not mistaken, Songbird has extensions similar to Firefox and Thunderbird's. If there's an extension that lets Songbird use the CD Art Display interface, Rainmeter could take advantage of that.

(There may also be a more direct method, but I'm not familiar enough with Songbird to say.)
Ill have to take a look. Songbird seems to be a very nice music player. It has all kinds of goodies.
UnforgivenRevival

Well, I found this. not sure if its what you would need but here it is:

http://addons.songbirdnest.com/addon/1677

Also, There were a few extentions that sent information to a popup to show in the corner of your desktop when the songs changed. Not sure if you can use that either or not.

If you want, Take a quick look through the extentions. Theres only 7 pages. Are any of these usable? Here is the link(and thanks for looking through them and the help):

http://addons.songbirdnest.com/addons?order=most-downloaded&page=7

EDIT: Tried all the current Rainmeter music player options, Just to try them. Thought maybe I will get lucky, And none work at all. Not even partially. I knew none were gonna but I had to try.
UnforgivenRevival

http://addons.songbirdnest.com/addon/1381

Command line options for the buttons, But I dont see anything listed about the album artwork using this plugin.
Kaelri
Developer

Post by Kaelri »

What about this one? Songbird WebRemote. It looks like it has a pretty rich interface that you could scrape with WebParser.

EDIT: This one also looks pretty promising. Now Chirping. Has "the ability to save what's playing through HTTP request, FTP and local files."
UnforgivenRevival

Kaelri wrote:What about this one? Songbird WebRemote. It looks like it has a pretty rich interface that you could scrape with WebParser.
That might work. I will put together a test skin to see if everything works properly. Thanks for spotting that. :p
UnforgivenRevival

Kaelri wrote:
EDIT: This one also looks pretty promising. Now Chirping. Has "the ability to save what's playing through HTTP request, FTP and local files."
I will take a look at both options, Probably this one first. Looks like this is possible after all. :D

EDIT: This one seems to not be compatible with the latest version.

EDIT2: It seems the other doesnt work with the latest version either. :(