It is currently May 2nd, 2024, 1:37 pm

How can I make use of the iTunesplugin.dll ?

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
Kaelri
Developer

Re: How can I make use of the iTunesplugin.dll ?

Post by Kaelri »

And you're still seeing the log error that says "!WriteKeyValue: File not found"?
kIsS.kIt

Post by kIsS.kIt »

Kaelri wrote:And you're still seeing the log error that says "!WriteKeyValue: File not found"?
i didnt see any errors

p.s. i have to sleep, maybe i would continue to work on this tomorrow,
thanks you
kIsS.kIt

Post by kIsS.kIt »

i hope you would keep helping me :D
or you could leave the messages then i will check the comments tomorrow
Kaelri
Developer

Post by Kaelri »

I'm really not sure what's wrong at this point. If you don't see any error in your log, then Rainmeter is (or thinks it is) successfully writing to some file.

I've made a simple test skin for you to try. If some part of this doesn't work, there may be a bug of some kind, related to either Rainmeter or your system. (You will need the latest beta version of Rainmeter to use the skin.)

Instructions: The "Create File" button will delete the existing "file.txt," create a new one with blank fields, then refresh the skin. The "Open File" button will open file.txt in your text editor. The meter showing the contents of "file.txt" should update immediately when the track changes, or within 10 seconds if you change the file manually in Notepad.
Screenshot55.png
Test Write NowPlaying_1.rmskin
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
kIsS.kIt

Post by kIsS.kIt »

Kaelri wrote:I'm really not sure what's wrong at this point. If you don't see any error in your log, then Rainmeter is (or thinks it is) successfully writing to some file.

I've made a simple test skin for you to try. If some part of this doesn't work, there may be a bug of some kind, related to either Rainmeter or your system. (You will need the latest beta version of Rainmeter to use the skin.)

Instructions: The "Create File" button will delete the existing "file.txt," create a new one with blank fields, then refresh the skin. The "Open File" button will open file.txt in your text editor. The meter showing the contents of "file.txt" should update immediately when the track changes, or within 10 seconds if you change the file manually in Notepad.
Screenshot55.png
Test Write NowPlaying_1.rmskin
thanks you very much!!!
but there's another two problems:
1)how can i force the txt to encode with utf-8 or unicode, it couldn't show japanese
2)could it create 2 txt files? 1 for the artist name only, and 1 for the track name only, without containing any other words(e.g. [Variables], "Artist=", "Title=")
kIsS.kIt

Post by kIsS.kIt »

kIsS.kIt wrote: thanks you very much!!!
but there's another two problems:
1)how can i force the txt to encode with utf-8 or unicode, it couldn't show japanese
2)could it create 2 txt files? 1 for the artist name only, and 1 for the track name only, without containing any other words(e.g. [Variables], "Artist=", "Title=")
problems are solved
success !!!
thanks you for helping me a lot!!!