It is currently March 29th, 2024, 5:19 am

Certain Fonts Not Recognized?

Report bugs with the Rainmeter application and suggest features.
RetianFes

Certain Fonts Not Recognized?

Post by RetianFes »

Well I had wanted to set the 'FontName' variable of the script to 'Visitor TT1 BRK', but every time I did this Rainmeter reverted back to the default, I thought this may be because of the spaces, so I tried 'Trebuchet MS', and it worked.

The 'Visitor' font that I was trying to change the text to is a bitmap font (http://www.dafont.com/visitor.font). Hopefully you can help me, and others, out with this.

I contacted Kaelri and asked him about it, but after a certain point we couldn't get any farther so he recommended I post here.

Thanks,

Retian Fes
jsmorley
Developer

Re: Certain Fonts Not Recognized?

Post by jsmorley »

There are just some fonts that were created in such a way that Rainmeter has trouble with them. Mostly I suspect some older ones that were created prior to some change in the standards for ttf. If you can get hold of a "font editor" program you can usually get just about any font to work though. I use Font Magic 5.6. (not free, but a handy program)

I opened the font file, changed the Family Name and Font Name to "Visitor1" (to eliminate any conflict with the original font) and saved the font as as Vistor_JSMorley.ttf. Now it works fine with Rainmeter.

[Rainmeter]
Author=Jeffrey Morley
Update=1000
LocalFont=#PROGRAMPATH#Fonts\visitor_jsmorley.ttf

[Variables]
FontFace=Visitor1

Here is the font I created:
Visitor.zip
RetianFes

Post by RetianFes »

Tested out them font you made, and it does not work either, it just goes back to the default. Maybe I should say that I'm running Windows XP Home SP3 with all updates installed.

If you have any ideas to fix this I would greatly appreciate it!

-Retian Fes
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

RetianFes wrote:Tested out them font you made, and it does not work either, it just goes back to the default. Maybe I should say that I'm running Windows XP Home SP3 with all updates installed.

If you have any ideas to fix this I would greatly appreciate it!

-Retian Fes
1) Did you install the font I sent you in Windows?
2) If you are running 1.0 of Rainmeter, you need to install the font in Windows\Fonts and leave out the line:

LocalFont=#PROGRAMPATH#Fonts\visitor_jsmorley.ttf
Samus Aran

Post by Samus Aran »

Additionally, you could search for the "Metroid Prime Hunters Menu Font" with Google.

But I'm in a good mood, so I'll simply attach it :D

Edit: It seems that ttf-files are not uploadable oO
http://www.bubbelsearch.de/MPH.ttf