It is currently April 24th, 2024, 5:19 am

General Sound Visualization.

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
mstrcarrick

General Sound Visualization.

Post by mstrcarrick »

I am currently trying to create a complete desktop replacement skin and I am lacking some pizzazz. I think adding a scope or bar like visualization would be awesome. I am not sure how to do it. I have attached a screenshot of what I have so far as far as the rest of the skin goes. I am running this on a computer with windows 7 64bit. I would like to know what plugin I can get to do this and how to use the plugin.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
thatsIch

Re: General Sound Visualization.

Post by thatsIch »

mstrcarrick wrote:I am currently trying to create a complete desktop replacement skin and I am lacking some pizzazz.
Pizzazz?
mstrcarrick wrote:I think adding a scope or bar like visualization would be awesome.
of what?

Cant help without information what you want to visualize.
mstrcarrick

Post by mstrcarrick »

I want to visualize any and all sounds coming from the sound card. For instance; game sounds, movies, music, system sounds, webpage sounds. All sounds.
MerlinTheRed
Rainmeter Sage

Post by MerlinTheRed »

I'm not aware of any plugin that provides this kind of sound information. It would probably use a sizeable chunk of your CPU time too, because it would need to be redrawn so often.
Have more fun creating skins with Sublime Text 2 and the Rainmeter Package!
mstrcarrick

Post by mstrcarrick »

I am not so worried about the cpu usage. I am currently running 3 I-7 6 core processors in tandum.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

As far as I know, not only can't Rainmeter do this, but I don't think it would really be possible or at least practical at all. Visualization effects that you see in programs are done by the program creating the sound (like a media player) or a tool written specifically for a certain sound card / sound chip. There really isn't any way I am aware of to capture "general" sound output from any application, analyze it some way to create the visualization pattern, and then send it on its normal way to speakers or whatever.

It's a computer, so I suppose anything is possible, but I just would not hold my breath.
MerlinTheRed
Rainmeter Sage

Post by MerlinTheRed »

Samurize had a plugin for Winamp that did something like this. If you'd want something like this for Rainmeter, you'd need to write both a Winamp and a Rainmeter plugin and have both of them communicate in some way. Certainly not very easy and it would only work for this one application.
Have more fun creating skins with Sublime Text 2 and the Rainmeter Package!