It is currently April 27th, 2024, 2:47 pm

Can rainmeter be used on a chrome book?

Get help with installing and using Rainmeter.
blackhawkpat

Can rainmeter be used on a chrome book?

Post by blackhawkpat »

hey ive been using Raine meter fo about 3 years and i build and maintain desktop/labtops for various clients and one of my favorite things to put on them is rainmeter for that personal touch. alot of people (mostly high schools and some older clients) are asking if rainmeter can be put on a chrome book. if it cant could u reccomend a customization tool i could use thx :D
Kaelri
Developer

Re: Can rainmeter be used on a chrome book?

Post by Kaelri »

Sorry, Rainmeter is a Windows-only application. Chromebooks run on a stripped-down version of Linux, so their customization options are very limited. Your best move is to search the Chrome Web Store for an extension of some kind. :)
blackhawkpat

Post by blackhawkpat »

noooo deeep sadness ..... ok thx
eclectic-tech
Rainmeter Sage

Post by eclectic-tech »

"Conky" and "Screenlets" are available for most Linux distributions and provide similar, but not as versatile system monitoring, weather, clocks, etc.

Search the system package manager on those systems to find compatible versions for these utilities for whatever flavor of Linux they are running.
Kaelri
Developer

Post by Kaelri »

eclectic-tech wrote:"Conky" and "Screenlets" are available for most Linux distributions and provide similar, but not as versatile system monitoring, weather, clocks, etc.

Search the system package manager on those systems to find compatible versions for these utilities for whatever flavor of Linux they are running.
It is my understanding that Chromebooks omit most of the usual features of the OS. The idea is that the only interface is the browser itself. So they don't have any other packages or applications. They're just Chrome, plus a very basic settings and file manager.