It is currently April 24th, 2024, 2:06 am

Plasma Chamber

Skins that control functions in Windows or Rainmeter
Xi.Cynx

Re: Plasma Chamber

Post by Xi.Cynx »

Awesome, I just replaced it but I don't think things are working quite as expected.

MAJOR EDIT

I have figured everything out for you to get it working properly.
Your initial code was very messy and not consistent between the download and upload skins.
You can see this picture below in the screenshot.

I have fixed all the coding for you as well as made sure that all three skins(Download, Upload and Ping) are working properly with zero bugs. Major change I noticed, the MaxDownload is no longer initially calculated in bits anymore, it is instead calculated in bytes. That threw me off big time as I did not see when this change came into effect. But now that we know it will max things in the future much easier.

Down below is the code for all three skins:

Download Meter

Code: Select all

[Rainmeter]
@include=#@#Master.inc

[Variables]
; Change this to your maximum download speed
; Convert from MB to bytes(ie: 35MB in bytes(google it))
MaxDownload="36700160"
Measure="([MeasureNetIn:]/[MeasureNetIn:MaxValue])"
BarText="Download"

;Measures
;======================================

[MeasureNetIn]
Measure=NetIn
MaxValue=#MaxDownload#
Upload Meter

[Rainmeter]
@include=#@#Master.inc

[Variables]
; Change this to your maximum upload speed
; Convert from MB to bytes(ie: 5MB in bytes(google it))
MaxUpload="5242880"
Measure="([MeasureNetOut:]/[MeasureNetOut:MaxValue])"
BarText="Upload" 

;Measures

[MeasureNetOut]
Measure=NetOut
MaxValue=#MaxUpload#
Ping Meter

[Rainmeter]
@include=#@#Master.inc
Update=100

[Variables]
Measure="([MeasurePing:]/[MeasurePing:MaxValue])"
BarText="Ping" 
DestinationAddress="(Insert web URL or IP Address Here(Do NOT Include http://)"
MaxPing="(Insert Max Ping Value Here)"

;Measures

[MeasurePing]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=Plugins\PingPlugin
DestAddress=#DestinationAddress#
MaxValue=#MaxPing#
There you go buddy, fully functional, working and organized to perfection! Hope you can better implement these in future releases.
Do unto others as you would have them do unto you...said the rapist

Main Rig: i7 4770k | ASRock Z97E-ITX/ac | 16GB DDR3-1600 | 500GB Samsung 840 EVO | EVGA GTX 780 | Nexus 5000
MerlinTheRed
Rainmeter Sage

Post by MerlinTheRed »

I think the reason why you have that "messy" code is because you had those files before and they weren't replaced properly when updating. The code on the right of your screenshot is not what I uploaded. Could you try renaming your version of the skin (or move it into a backup folder temporarily) and do a clean re-install of my skin from the rmskin file? Then look at the code of the newly installed upload and download skins and see if that looks better.
Have more fun creating skins with Sublime Text 2 and the Rainmeter Package!
Xi.Cynx

Post by Xi.Cynx »

Absolutely, I just noticed that! :o
Now I feel quite sheepish... :confused:
BUT nonetheless, the conversion is now into bytes instead of bits! ;-)

Main Rig: i7 4770k | ASRock Z97E-ITX/ac | 16GB DDR3-1600 | 500GB Samsung 840 EVO | EVGA GTX 780 | Nexus 5000
Xi.Cynx

Post by Xi.Cynx »

Okay, after a little further testing. I do see that both Upload and Download files are similar. But both of them are incurring the same similar problem.

I have tried entering the following values into the Download.ini

35MB in bits = 293601280
35MB in bytes = 36700160
35MB in kilobits = 286720
35MB in kilobytes = 35840

None of the values above produced the correct bar length to equal the download speed.
The bar was either very short(<15%) or the bar was completely filled(=100%).
So I think you will need to use your initial formula that I have put up, as that one does indeed produce the correct results when your internet speed in MB is converted to bytes. :D

and

Measure="([MeasureNetOut:]/[MeasureNetOut:MaxValue])"

MerlinTheRed
Rainmeter Sage

Post by MerlinTheRed »

There is a problem with the NetIn/Out measures. It's not properly documented what units exactly you have to use. On my system the values appear to be in bytes/update cycle. I think the MaxValue is determined automatically from the maximum value that was encountered so far. This can change over time, so I didn't want to use that. The developers will hopefully update the description or the plugin itself so it's more consistent.
Have more fun creating skins with Sublime Text 2 and the Rainmeter Package!
Xi.Cynx

Post by Xi.Cynx »

MerlinTheRed wrote:There is a problem with the NetIn/Out measures. It's not properly documented what units exactly you have to use. On my system the values appear to be in bytes/update cycle. I think the MaxValue is determined automatically from the maximum value that was encountered so far. This can change over time, so I didn't want to use that. The developers will hopefully update the description or the plugin itself so it's more consistent.
I understand where you are coming from. But with the way that I had set it up give a defined value. The MaxValue is = #MaxDownload# which you set manually. So in this instance it will work out perfectly. But you are correct in regards to the bytes/update cycle which in this case 1000 equals everything out perfect, but if you wanted to update it every 500, you would have to multiple the whole formula by 2, likewise if you wanted it to update every 100 it would need to be multiplied by 10. Very confusing indeed, but I did see that you made a post and it has been noted about getting better clarification on this.

[MeasureNetIn]
Measure=NetIn
MaxValue=#MaxDownload#