It is currently April 28th, 2024, 3:39 am

Rainmeter doesn't open at startup.

Get help with installing and using Rainmeter.
poiru
Developer

Re: Rainmeter doesn't open at startup.

Post by poiru »

Make a copy of your current Rainmeter.exe (in Program Files\Rainmeter). Then, replace it with the dummy Rainmeter.exe executable. Does the dummy executable launch on startup (you'll get a "Rainmeter.exe launched!" message if so)?
Jal

Post by Jal »

poiru wrote:Make a copy of your current Rainmeter.exe (in Program Files\Rainmeter). Then, replace it with the dummy Rainmeter.exe executable. Does the dummy executable launch on startup (you'll get a "Rainmeter.exe launched!" message if so)?
Did all that, rebooted, waited 10 minutes to see if it would start up, no, it didn't, went back into the directory, and manually launched the copy of the file, and it just booted up Rainmeter, no message about it launching at all, just opened up.

Still failing to start up, have tried every way you all have come up with, as well as any ways I know how, and so far, it just will not work. Thanks for your help thus far, just wish it would work!

Ahh, my bad on that one, I did replace it with your .exe to test, and it does show it launched when I launched it, I will try once more to restart, see if it is sourcing it or not.
Jal

Post by Jal »

Ok, reboot done, and got the window that rainmaker was being executed, so it is definitely being sourced, that leaves something inside the program itself failing to open properly, that I can figure.

If I click on it normally, it opens perfectly, but, fails abysmally if I try it using just startup, of any kind.
Jal

Post by Jal »

Ok, so far, not sure what differed, might have been replacing the .exe with your copy, then moving the original back and renaming it back, but, this time, it opened. If anyone else is having these issues, might try renaming it, or using his .exe test file he posted in here, and then rebooting, then, once you see it activated it, replace it with the original .exe file you must rename, and put it back in, and then see if it works, so far, mine is all of a sudden.

Thanks for the help all!
Supermarcel10

Post by Supermarcel10 »

Place the shortcut (.ink) of rainmeter into the user or local startup and ensure that it is not using "Run as administrator". If it is enabled, the startup procedure doesn't provoke administrator rights to the application, thus will not be able to successfully run it

If you haven't defraged your HDD / trimmed your SSD, maybe it's time to put some time into conserving your stuff while also fixing broken fragments.

If you use a dedicated antivirus or any other app that may be blocking startup items, ensure it is not blocking rainmeter.

If the issue persists, perform a clean install (fully uninstall and install again) without checking "Run at startup". Redo previous step

If the issue persists, try changing firewall settings and administrator privileges (disable fully to grant all apps administrator privileges) - NOTE: This may be dangerous if you install literal shit on your PC from weird websites or don't use a dedicated antivirus.

If it still persists, then maybe it's time to move onto Windows 10, as Windows 7 will be discontinued anyway.