It is currently April 28th, 2024, 6:08 pm

Parse Feedburner?

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
Kaelri
Developer

Re: Parse Feedburner?

Post by Kaelri »

This is going to be a little trickier. It's related to the fact that WebParser cannot use dynamic variables, which is why you can't use the substituted value of one WebParser in the URL of another.

I suggested a method in this thread that you may find useful. The idea is to use a Lua script to "watch" the original value of a WebParser measure, and continually compare it to a value that is saved as a variable. When it detects a difference, it will immediately write the new value to the variable, then refresh the skin, so that another separate WebParser measure can use the new URL. This method will also take your Substitute into account.
Lightz39

Post by Lightz39 »

Not sure if this is practical or not but this is what I did before reading your suggestion.

Code: Select all

[Variables]
MovieID=60001170

[mNetflix]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=WebParser
UpdateRate=86400
Url=http://feeds.feedburner.com/WhatsNewOnNetflix?format=xml
RegExp="(?siU)movieid=(.*)""
FinishAction=[!WriteKeyValue Variables MovieID [mNetflix]]
StringIndex=1

[mBoxShot]
Measure=Plugin
Plugin=WebParser
Url=http://cdn-0.nflximg.com/en_CA/boxshots/ghd/#MovieID#.jpg
StringIndex=1
Download=1
Basically I grab the movies ID from the feed which is the same on all links for it. Play, Details, Boxshot etc. and made a variable for it. Then for the images measure I used the HD link and just update the movie id so it grabs the proper image. It works but we will see if it breaks.

EDIT: Well this is what I have so far.

Things I want to add is arrows on the bottom row to scroll 25 or so recently added and have the large preview change based on the little thumb in the bottom you click. Not sure how I'll go about that. Probably just have a variable change on clicking it.
Kaelri
Developer

Post by Kaelri »

This is a decent approach. The one catch is that in order to use the new value after !WriteKeyValue, you'll need to refresh the skin. So what you need to decide is what will trigger the refresh.

As one option, you could create a counter that refreshes the skin after something like 5-10 minutes. You could also use my suggestion above, which would use a script to detect a change in the value and refresh only when needed. I'm sure there are other alternatives, as well. You'll have to decide which is right for your skin.
Lightz39

Post by Lightz39 »

Hum, I think I might try using your approach for the refreshes. That way it will only happen when it needs to.