Plugins and Addons popular with the Community
UnforgivenRevival

Re: [WIP] Sublime Text 2 Rainmeter package

Post by UnforgivenRevival »

I like. :thumbup:
UnforgivenRevival

I did notice that when you open a .inc file, it doesnt default to the rainmeter color scheme and syntax highlighting like it does with the .ini files. Is there a way to change that?
MerlinTheRed
Rainmeter Sage

Post by MerlinTheRed »

It might be that that extension is also used in another syntax definition. I'll see if I can fix it. In the meantime, open a .inc file, go to View->Syntax->Open all with current extension as..->Rainmeter.
Have more fun creating skins with Sublime Text 2 and the Rainmeter Package!
UnforgivenRevival

I have been doing something similar to that to get it to work, But its annoying having to change it every time. Thats why I was wondering if there was something little and stupid I had to do to make it default. Right now when you open an .inc it defaults to the "plain text" syntax.
MerlinTheRed
Rainmeter Sage

Post by MerlinTheRed »

If you do "Open All With Current Extension" (It's at the top of the List) it should remember the setting. At least it did for me.
Have more fun creating skins with Sublime Text 2 and the Rainmeter Package!
UnforgivenRevival

ill try that. thanks

Edit: It worked for me. thanks alot :)
Mordasius

Post by Mordasius »

Nice work Merlin :thumbup:

There are certainly lots of 'new' features in Sublime Text 2 and the 'minimap' is one that I'd really like to have in Notepad ++. Having said that, I do miss the button menu as it saves memorising shortcut keystrokes which may, or may not, be the same as those used in other programs. Still haven't worked out how to synchronise vertical scrolling in Sublime Text 2.

Anyway, I use the Solarized (Dark) colour scheme with .lua files so I changed parts of your rainmeter colour set to be closer to that. One thing I couldn't work out was how to change the colour of the '=' sign. I'd like it to be something other than white so that the following number or name stands out. I would also like to make opening and closing brackets sets ( ... ) or [ ... ] turn red when you hover-over them (as in Notepad++). The best I could do was get the underline to turn red ( the same applies to .lua files with the Solarized (Dark) colour scheme).

I'm glad you included a way to refresh the current config from the editor as that is something I use a lot in Notepad++. I did however have to change "D:\\Programme\\Rainmeter\\Rainmeter.exe" to "C:\\Program Files\\Rainmeter\\Rainmeter.exe" in Rainmeter.sublime-build to make it work on my system. I also had to delete the "!ActivateConfig" part of the command to get Ctrl+B to refresh the current config. Trying to activate and refresh a config that was already running just gave me an error. Why would you need to refresh a file that you'd just activated anyway?
thatsIch

Post by thatsIch »

Good Job on the Refresh Command
Saves so much time,
love it! =)

One thing I found

= 22,22,22,22,222222

is tolerated but it should end with RGBA
can you tell it, theres nothing coming after?
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

and the 'minimap' is one that I'd really like to have in Notepad ++
View / Document Map
Mordasius

Post by Mordasius »

jsmorley wrote: View / Document Map
Well there you go... It just goes to show that you don't really appreciate what you've got until you think you're missing it and someone tells that you had it all the time. Should I clap, cry or roll up in a ball and play with myself in the expectation of further revelations?