It is currently May 2nd, 2024, 12:28 am

Sublime Text 2 Rainmeter package

Plugins and Addons popular with the Community
MerlinTheRed
Rainmeter Sage

Re: Sublime Text 2 Rainmeter package

Post by MerlinTheRed »

There are still a significant number of manual downloads each month.
Have more fun creating skins with Sublime Text 2 and the Rainmeter Package!
thatsIch

Post by thatsIch »

could you add the new changes of r2050 [1] meaning UseD2D and AccurateText?
Thank you :)

---

[1] http://rainmeter.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=106&t=16209
roninmedia

Post by roninmedia »

How compatible is this for Sublime 3?

A lot of the features such as color picker, refresh skin, etc do not appear to be functioning for me.
thatsIch

Post by thatsIch »

roninmedia wrote:How compatible is this for Sublime 3?

A lot of the features such as color picker, refresh skin, etc do not appear to be functioning for me.
There is no support for ST3 yet. Since Merlin hasnt even updated to the later versions of RM yet, I doubt he intend to port it to ST3 in near future. But since its on GitHub you can port it yourself if you are aware how to do so.
MerlinTheRed
Rainmeter Sage

Post by MerlinTheRed »

I've been a little lazy lately. I'll update the package with the latest changes this weekend, because you asked so nicely ;)

About ST3: I haven't really looked into that yet. I guess my own code should be easy to port. Migrating to Python 3 shouldn't be that hard. There's also been some changes to the plugin API that I'll have to look into. The color picker was coded by somebody else, so I don't really know how much work that would be.

If anybody wants to help me porting to ST3, I'd welcome it very much. Just fork the project on GitHub, make your changes and submit a pull request. I don't really have a schedule for porting to ST3, but I guess I'll do it eventually.

P.S. I thought I'd added this thread to my watchlist so I get an email when somebody posts here. Obviously that didn't work. Sorry for not reading your posts. I just realized you asked about the new features more than a month ago.
thatsIch

Post by thatsIch »

Well, they weren't any most important features, since AccurateText shall be per default in future anyways and only the new Padding option is an addition so I could live without :)

I havent looked at ST3 either since not all plugins ported to the new ST3 and since they still do API changes its like "uhh" anyways.

For PR, I thought when you don't look into here, you won't look into your Github either :D

And we cannot complain for getting the hands of such fine software you are offering us :)
MerlinTheRed
Rainmeter Sage

Post by MerlinTheRed »

There you go. Updated with the latest Rainmeter features. Let PackageControl do its thing or get the package for manual installation here: https://github.com/merlinthered/sublime-rainmeter/releases
thatsIch

Post by thatsIch »

MerlinTheRed wrote:There you go. Updated with the latest Rainmeter features. Let PackageControl do its thing or get the package for manual installation here: https://github.com/merlinthered/sublime-rainmeter/releases
Thank you very much :)
thatsIch

Post by thatsIch »

Is there a way to modify the default templates from autofilling commands like if I type in

[!UpdateMeter ...]

and ST2 auto-fills the rest with a template?
MerlinTheRed
Rainmeter Sage

Post by MerlinTheRed »

These commands are defined in the Rainmeter.sublime-completions file. Pretty much at the end there are lines like this:

Code: Select all

{"trigger": "!UpdateMeter", "contents": "!UpdateMeter \"${1:Meter}\" ${2:\"${3:(Config)}\"}"},
You can try copying the whole file to your User folder, then delete all lines between the square brackets at the top and bottom, except for the ones you would like to modify. Or just create a new file in your User folder called Rainmeter.sublime-completions with the following content, then add any completions you want:

Code: Select all

{
        "scope": "source.rainmeter",

"completions":
        [
                # insert your completions here 
        ]
}
I think this should enable you to change some completions without missing any updates to all the others. If I update one of the completions you overwrite with this, you will of course not notice that update.