It is currently April 25th, 2024, 10:22 am

Edge Suite [Beta 0.8]

A package of skins with a "theme" or by a single author
KreAch3R

Re: Edge Suite [Beta 0.8]

Post by KreAch3R »

@Kiyoko: First and foremost, thank you!

Manually editing the skin isn't required to customize it. The way to remove icons from the Actions Bar is to middle click the "Edit" Button. Then the Configure window should appear, where you change the skin's variables (Note: left clicking opens the Suite's Variables). For example, if you want to hide the "Rainmeter" icon, set Hide.Rainmeter to 1 and press the "Set" button.

Wifi: Currently, if you hover the icon, it should display the current connected network, and its strength. Using the WifiPlugin, a list of the accessible networks can be shown; but the plugin doesn't support "click to connect". So it would be there for a quick look only. That defeats the purpose for me. But if you want it, I maybe take a look to see if I can make it optional. You will have to wait a bit though, as I am currently taking my exams.

As for the skin itself, I'm glad that you found the use you wanted. One of my main objectives was to make the suite easily customizable to suit anyone's needs. :)
Inactive, due to life changes. Send me a PM for any question.

Desktop DeviartArt
Kiyoko

Post by Kiyoko »

Awesome, thanks for the help! I needed to find a mouse that actually HAS a middle-mouse button (I'm using a laptop), but it worked! :P It's not really an "issue" with the Wi-fi - It takes 5 seconds to reopen the standard windows taskbar, it would just have been awesome if it was possible to implement in Rainmeter somehow :P

Another quick question, because I'm so horrible annoying: Is it possible to reconfigure the action buttons to something else? The launcher is a bit bulky for my liking, and if I could somehow attach Firefox and a shortcut to the Computer folder to the Actionbar, it would be absolutely perfect :P
TweaknFreak

Post by TweaknFreak »

Hello there! Well I'm just mesmerized by the flexibility your suite offers. Its simply genious.

Currently I'm busy on my own suite but since I'm into Rainmeter for the past 4 months only, I couldnt figure out how you coded so that the "Configurator" like utility comes first after applying the skin. It would be very kind of you if you can tell me that.

I know I disturbed you amidst your exams but I'm just very anxious and curious to find my answer.
Be one of the iNEViTABLES - Storm, Earthquake, Lightning, Flood - and the world will bow down to you.

My current desktop
[hsimg]http://i1313.photobucket.com/albums/t559/TweaknFreak/6-22-20149-46-40PM_zps7bcbc1f6.png[/hsimg]
Kaelri
Developer

Post by Kaelri »

TweaknFreak wrote:Hello there! Well I'm just mesmerized by the flexibility your suite offers. Its simply genious.

Currently I'm busy on my own suite but since I'm into Rainmeter for the past 4 months only, I couldnt figure out how you coded so that the "Configurator" like utility comes first after applying the skin. It would be very kind of you if you can tell me that.

I know I disturbed you amidst your exams but I'm just very anxious and curious to find my answer.
If you add a "Theme" when creating your .rmskin package, you will be given an option to have that theme loaded automatically when the package is installed.
Screenshot61.png
All you need to do is save a theme with your "configurator" skin loaded, using the Themes tab in the Manager.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
TweaknFreak

Post by TweaknFreak »

Kaelri wrote: If you add a "Theme" when creating your .rmskin package, you will be given an option to have that theme loaded automatically when the package is installed.
Screenshot61.png
All you need to do is save a theme with your "configurator" skin loaded, using the Themes tab in the Manager.

Okay. Thanx again for that help Kaelri.
Be one of the iNEViTABLES - Storm, Earthquake, Lightning, Flood - and the world will bow down to you.

My current desktop
[hsimg]http://i1313.photobucket.com/albums/t559/TweaknFreak/6-22-20149-46-40PM_zps7bcbc1f6.png[/hsimg]
KreAch3R

Post by KreAch3R »

I have to apologize for being away from Edge for such a long time, but med school has become very demanding this semester (and I fear it will continue), and I barely have time to come home. When I catch my breath, I will continue its development to a steady release without a doubt. Please send me a PM or try to contact me in DeviantArt for urgent matters. I appreciate all the kind support. :)
Inactive, due to life changes. Send me a PM for any question.

Desktop DeviartArt
Hydeuh

Post by Hydeuh »

Hi sorry for the old post and for my english .
First thanks for your works i really enjoy edge for my computers :)
But i have some issues somebody can help me?
First in the log i have a error " Scroller.dll bang argument is not a number [#Nextscroll#]
And when i edited google reader i deleted the line web parser and now i have a error in the log too what ihave to write in this lines?
Thank you for reading
Pablar_escablo

Post by Pablar_escablo »

Hello, is this thread still active?

I downloaded this skin, which suits me perfectly. However, when I create a user, it doesn't appear anywhere, I can't edit.

When I launch ' Start ' once I enter an information, the text disappears.

I do not know what happens, nor how to use this skin correctly. If someone has ideas, I'm interested.

I ask for your help :D