It is currently March 29th, 2024, 8:36 am

Edge Suite [Beta 0.8]

A package of skins with a "theme" or by a single author
KreAch3R

Re: Edge Suite [Beta 0.7]

Post by KreAch3R »

UPDATE! 0.7 beta is out (I dropped the "public") and most of the known bugs are fixed! DropboxSupport works well, Walpaper skin now autocrops the image and sets the frame in landscape or portrait based on Ratio, Thanks to Kaelri, while Youtube works without crashing and with correct cycling thanks to Mordasius.

Take a look in what you can do in Wallpaper:
Also, a new skin is added:

The numbers are transparent, so the skin's background is shown. The same ToolTip with email information is shown in Actions, hovering the Gmail icon.

Last, the Player skin can now be hidden when your player is closed, and appear automatically when music is playing (using STATUS in NowPlaying plugin).

Here's a quick & dirty screenshot of another setup you can do using Edge:

Raise your hands for Dr. House!
Inactive, due to life changes. Send me a PM for any question.

Desktop DeviartArt
Alex Becherer

Post by Alex Becherer »

i like what you did with your "wallpaper" skin :)
KreAch3R

Post by KreAch3R »

Alex Becherer wrote:i like what you did with your "wallpaper" skin :)
Thanks! It's all Kaelri, really, RainFile / AutoCrop script. :P

Desktop DeviartArt
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

KreAch3R wrote: Thanks! It's all Kaelri, really, RainFile / AutoCrop script. :P
Get ready to redo the Wallpaper skin on Sunday... ;-)
KreAch3R

Post by KreAch3R »

jsmorley wrote: Get ready to redo the Wallpaper skin on Sunday... ;-)
We 're getting what you discussed earlier in the chat SO soon? :)
Last edited by KreAch3R on August 18th, 2012, 12:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Desktop DeviartArt
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

KreAch3R wrote: We 're getting what you discussed earlier in the chat SO soon? :)
spx, and Kaelri got their heads together, read some words from the Book of Meter, and sacrificed a unicorn. More on Sunday...
KreAch3R

Post by KreAch3R »

jsmorley wrote: spx, and Kaelri got their heads together, read some words from the Book of Meter, and sacrificed a unicorn. More on Sunday...
God bless the unicorn! :p I'm looking forward to the changes tomorrow.

Today was a productive day, I did a lot of work on the suite. These are some screenshots, from the new skins that will be included in the 0.8 beta. I also include a screenshot from the Configure dialog, which I hadn't shared before.
ImageImage
The Notes skin is resized automatically to a certain point from the file contents, while the Player mini skin uses the largest width between Track and Artist strings, to determine the skin's width. Sorry for the bad quality, but only .gifs can illustrate the skins.

UPDATE!: The 0.8 version is released! The suite has come to a point that could be considered "major bugs - free", and the finding of more errors would require more testers, so I am going to release it to DeviantArt, too.

Desktop DeviartArt
SiriusEye

Re: Edge Suite [Beta 0.8]

Post by SiriusEye »

Outstanding skin and I have some question about it:
1) Notes don't show Cyrillic letters.
2) In Google Reader I really want to see not 5 news on page, but at least 10-15. And the letters are too big, IMHO. How to make them smaller?

That's it. I repeat - the skin is outstanding and I proud to set your skin on my desktop. It's a great work))
KreAch3R

Post by KreAch3R »

SiriusEye wrote:Outstanding skin and I have some question about it:
1) Notes don't show Cyrillic letters.
2) In Google Reader I really want to see not 5 news on page, but at least 10-15. And the letters are too big, IMHO. How to make them smaller?

That's it. I repeat - the skin is outstanding and I proud to set your skin on my desktop. It's a great work))
Thanks for the kind words! I already replied to you at DeviantArt. As for the Google Reader suggestions, I will see if I want to include these features. I understand what you 're saying, but I wanted this particular look for the reader, and not the common one with a lot of feed items in a small space. Maybe I will include a completely different variant in the upcoming versions of Edge. :)

Desktop DeviartArt
Kiyoko

Post by Kiyoko »

I might be missing something incredibly obvious, but after trying for like half an hour, I give up. The preview of the actionbar is way smaller than the actual one, and I've been trying to remove some of the unneeded icons. I'm looking at the "Disabled=#Hide.xxxxxx#" line, but no matter how I alter it, I can't make the icon disappear. Am I working with the wrong line, or is there another way to remove the unnecessary icons?

A small thing, and I don't know if that's possible with a couple of self-added lines, or something you can implement: The WiFi icon on the Actionbar does nothing when left-clicked - I'd love for it to bring up the standard Windows Internet Connections Overview, IE: the one that let's you choose which connection you want to connect to. Or just some way to redirect me to an overview of my current connections. Anything, really :P

I might also add: I f---ing love this skin. Minimalistic in design, which means that, even on my very low-res laptop (1280x800), I have room for a large Firefox Window, without blocking any of the skins. It's incredibly easy to modify the scale of it, to give me the small, perfect look I want. You are awesome!