It is currently May 14th, 2024, 6:20 am

Broken feeds reader

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
Kaelri
Developer

Re: Broken feeds reader

Post by Kaelri »

Agusia wrote:This one: http://drss.gazeta.pl/rss_tag/,,Polygamia,rss.xml has strange title.
This one: http://wiadomosci.wp.pl/kat,1329,ver,rss,rss.xml doesn't show the polish fonts. ;)
I see the problem with the first feed: it doesn't actually have a title. You can edit the skin to show your own title instead, by adding the following to the bottom of one of the individual Reader skins in Enigma:

Code: Select all

[Title]
Text=My Feed Title
As for the second, that's because the Reader script cannot use special Unicode characters. This is something we're working on improving. :)
Agusia

Post by Agusia »

I don't know where to add this. :( When I've added this, every tab had the same one name I've written.
Kaelri
Developer

Post by Kaelri »

You would need to add it to one of the individual readers (Reader1.ini, Reader2.ini, Reader3.ini). Changing the title behavior on the tabbed reader is a little more complicated - you would need to edit the Lua script. But I can walk you through it if you want.
amonteiro

Post by amonteiro »

they promptly replyed:
Hi,

Omnimo supports only ATOM and RSS 2.0 feeds for now.
Incidentally, and ironically, feedburner does not provide such options with the link you've sent me. However, I managed to find this in the source code:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/feeds/original_posts/index.xml

This should definitely work. Almost all sites have an xml rss feed, you should be able to find them by viewing the source.

Sorry for the confusion, we'll update the information on our website shortly.

And it worked!

Hope it helps others with the same problem.

edit: something else i've noticed: you need to add the 'http://" before the links, otherwise it won't work even if it's the .xml link
Agusia

Post by Agusia »

If You don't have anything better to do, I would like to try. :)
It's not that important. The reader works well. ;)
Kaelri
Developer

Post by Kaelri »

Agusia wrote:If You don't have anything better to do, I would like to try. :)
It's not that important. The reader works well. ;)
Actually, I realized there's an easier way.

Open Enigma\Sidebar\Reader\Reader.inc. Near the top of the file, there's a line like this:

WebParserSubstitute="<![CDATA[":"","]]>":"","/PRE>":"","PRE>":"","&nbsp;":" ","'s Facebook Notifications":"","Top Stories - Google ":""
Replace it with this:

WebParserSubstitute="<![CDATA[":"","]]>":"","/PRE>":"","PRE>":"","&nbsp;":" ","'s Facebook Notifications":"","Top Stories - Google ":"","<title/>":"<title>My Title</title>"
Replace "My Title" with the title you want to appear on the feed.
Agusia

Post by Agusia »

I have no idea why, but it works. :D I don't know how it knows to which tab apply this name. You're a true magic. :*
Kaelri
Developer

Post by Kaelri »

Technically, this will change any feed that has a blank title tag like <title/>. This should be extremely rare, since all feeds are supposed to have a proper title.
Agusia

Post by Agusia »

I've got some more questions.
Does this skin changes the feeds tab automatically??
Is it possible to add dark background to the reader similar to Illustro skin??
Kaelri
Developer

Post by Kaelri »

Agusia wrote:Does this skin changes the feeds tab automatically??
Yes. You can turn the timer on or off in Options, as well as change the length of time between changes. Look for the "Switcher Time" option in General.
Agusia wrote:Is it possible to add dark background to the reader similar to Illustro skin??
Yes. Look in Enigma\@Resources\Styles\Enigma Dark\SidebarCommon.inc. You'll see a section called:

[StyleSidebarBackground]
ImageName=#@#Images\SkinBackground.#ColorImage#.png
ScaleMargins=12,12,12,12
ImageAlpha=1
MouseOverAction=[!SetOption #CURRENTSECTION# ImageAlpha #SkinBackgroundAlpha#][!UpdateMeter #CURRENTSECTION#][!Redraw]
MouseLeaveAction=[!SetOption #CURRENTSECTION# ImageAlpha 1][!UpdateMeter #CURRENTSECTION#][!Redraw]
W=#SidebarWidth#
Any changes to this style will affect all Enigma Sidebar skins.