It is currently April 27th, 2024, 4:45 pm

Button Meter mouse over vs non mouse over on mouse up

Report bugs with the Rainmeter application and suggest features.
Coren

Button Meter mouse over vs non mouse over on mouse up

Post by Coren »

I noticed that the Button Meter displays the non mouse over image when the mouse button comes up. Given that the mouse is usually still over the button when this happens it leads to a weird blinking effect when you move the mouse a little and it registers the mouse as being over the button again. Shouldn't the "on mouse up" action display the mouse over image? I am using the 2.4 Beta version right now.
jsmorley
Developer

Re: Button Meter mouse over vs non mouse over on mouse up

Post by jsmorley »

Coren wrote:I noticed that the Button Meter displays the non mouse over image when the mouse button comes up. Given that the mouse is usually still over the button when this happens it leads to a weird blinking effect when you move the mouse a little and it registers the mouse as being over the button again. Shouldn't the "on mouse up" action display the mouse over image? I am using the 2.4 Beta version right now.
That is not the behavior that I get. Can you zip up your skin including button images and put it on MediaFire.com or somewhere and post a link?

My buttons in 2.4 work exactly as expected.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

XTest_.rmskin
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

I'm betting you are "double-clicking" on the button in some way. That will indeed cause the behavior you are describing.
Coren

Post by Coren »

I was playing around with 2 skin packs.

Tech-A
and
Avengers

Both display the same strange button behavior. I could not find anything unusual about the reference to the button meter.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

Like I said above, I think somehow your system is detecting a "double click" instead of a "single click" on the button. That would cause that behavior.

I tried out "Avengers" and it works fine for me.
Coren

Post by Coren »

No double clicking. to see what was happening I held the mouse button down to view the mouse down image and then without moving the mouse let the mouse button up and the non mouse over image was displayed. this image dose not change until I move the mouse slightly but not off the button. When I make this move it reverts back to the mouse over image. Try it on the Large Launchers skin from the Avengers?
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

Coren wrote:No double clicking. to see what was happening I held the mouse button down to view the mouse down image and then without moving the mouse let the mouse button up and the non mouse over image was displayed. this image dose not change until I move the mouse slightly but not off the button. When I make this move it reverts back to the mouse over image. Try it on the Large Launchers skin from the Avengers?
Ah, ok. I was using the small launcher. Yeah, we see the behavior, it is a skin design issue having to do with the fact that there are transparent areas on the button image in one "frame" of the bitmap that are not transparent in another. So when your mouse comes up, depending on where you clicked, it no longer sees the mouse as being "on the button" even though it appears to be.

I hope that makes sense.
Coren

Post by Coren »

It seems to happen no matter where I click on the button. Even if my mouse is over the opaque parts of both images. Am I understanding you correctly that it should work if I click in a certain aria that is opaque in both frames?
Coren

Post by Coren »

ps
the same thing is happening with the Small Launchers. The buttons go to the dark non mouse over frame when i let the mouse up and then change to the bright mouse over frame when I move the mouse alittle.