It is currently April 24th, 2024, 1:46 am

What Do You Use To Make Graphic Elements?

Post reviews, recommendations and questions about other software.
JoBu

Re: What Do You Use To Make Graphic Elements?

Post by JoBu »

CS4 and Painter handle my doodle needs... also used Xara, 3DMax, Maya, Gimp and Paintshop Pro - PSP7 was a favorite for a lot of years, and my time with the 3d wares was cursory, never really gave them a fair shake. Nowadays, Photoshop and Painter are my go to apps, but I do a lot of concept art and illustration. The turning point came when I purchased a Wacom tablet. If you dig digital art, get a tablet - aside from my scuba gear, best thing I ever bought for myself.

I vote minimalist - clean lines, unobtrusive. I like lots of data too, so tab features (hide/show) are my preference.

Typing one handed sucks. Injury, not devilry. Get your mind out the gutter. Rainmeter is awesome, but it aint THAT awesome. ;)

Cheerios.

//JoBu
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

JoBu wrote:CS4 and Painter handle my doodle needs... also used Xara, 3DMax, Maya, Gimp and Paintshop Pro - PSP7 was a favorite for a lot of years, and my time with the 3d wares was cursory, never really gave them a fair shake. Nowadays, Photoshop and Painter are my go to apps, but I do a lot of concept art and illustration. The turning point came when I purchased a Wacom tablet. If you dig digital art, get a tablet - aside from my scuba gear, best thing I ever bought for myself.

I vote minimalist - clean lines, unobtrusive. I like lots of data too, so tab features (hide/show) are my preference.

Typing one handed sucks. Injury, not devilry. Get your mind out the gutter. Rainmeter is awesome, but it aint THAT awesome. ;)

Cheerios.

//JoBu
It's ok, I'll just code Rainmeter skins til I need glasses"
Bones

Post by Bones »

JoBu wrote:. The turning point came when I purchased a Wacom tablet. If you dig digital art, get a tablet - aside from my scuba gear, best thing I ever bought for myself.
I'm not a fan of tablets. I find they are great for drawing and terrible for everything else. I had a smaller one for a while, about A4 size, but I hardly ever used it and ended up giving it to a mate. When I have to deal with them at work, its usually not too bad because I'm left-handed but mouse with my right hand (which is unbelievably common amongst compositors), so I usually have the mouse in my right hand and my Wacom over to the left where I can pick up the pen and draw with my left hand, then go back to mousing, very easily. But where I work now, they have these enormous Wacoms that just get in the way, no matter how I try to lay things out on the desk. Its infuriating and actually causes me shoulder pain on long shifts because there is always something I have to lean right across the tablet to get to.