It is currently March 28th, 2024, 12:50 pm

Enigma 4 [Released]

A package of skins with a "theme" or by a single author
Kaelri
Developer

Re: Enigma 4 [Released]

Post by Kaelri »

rainygirl wrote:Hi,

I sent an email to you (via gmail) with the attachment - wasn't sure how to do an attachment in PM

thanks!
Thanks again for the files. I'd like you to try one more thing. Close Rainmeter, then delete the three "GoogleCalender*.xml" files. Then re-open Rainmeter and see if your events appear in Calendar. (I think there may be some issue with overwriting the old events in the files.)
rainygirl

Post by rainygirl »

Kaelri wrote: Thanks again for the files. I'd like you to try one more thing. Close Rainmeter, then delete the three "GoogleCalender*.xml" files. Then re-open Rainmeter and see if your events appear in Calendar. (I think there may be some issue with overwriting the old events in the files.)
(Sorry for the delay - I do 12 hour shifts on the weekends)
I deleted the calendar files, and also cleared all the rss & calendar info from enigma.

I exited/restarted, restarted my computer, re-entered the info for the 1 calendar I need. I restarted the the computer & program a few more times (did it all on Friday).

It is now showing a total of four events on two days. (plus two more for holidays).

I've attached another screen-print that shows all the events that should be showing for the 11th, vs what shows on the calendar. The other days don't show anything, although they are supposed to show at least 2-3 events per day. (the only days that should be empty are the weekends)
Attachments
9-11.png
Kaelri
Developer

Post by Kaelri »

Thanks for the update (and apologies for my own late reply; things got busy this week).

This is strange. By removing max-results=4& from the URLs in your Google Calendar skins, the feed should provide the full list of events. But it still seems to be getting only the next four for you. I'll do some experimenting on my own and see if I can reproduce this.

I've also been working on a major overhaul to the feed reader script used in Enigma, so this may solve the problem anyway. There will be a patched version of Enigma 4 posted this weekend; I'll let you know when it's available so that you can test it with your calendars. :)
SiriusEye

Post by SiriusEye »

Kaelri, your skins have an issue that goes from first to last versions :) Cyrillic letters in RSS Feeds still not are supported.
Kaelri
Developer

Post by Kaelri »

SiriusEye wrote:Kaelri, your skins have an issue that goes from first to last versions :) Cyrillic letters in RSS Feeds still not are supported.
This is a limitation of Rainmeter's Lua scripting implementation, and not something I can fix on the skin's side. We do have long-term plans to address this on the program side.
antony

Post by antony »

hi :welcome:
how to do that at the start
rainmeter sidegroup was hidden? :confused:
Zooropa

Post by Zooropa »

Thanks for Enigma 4 Kaelri, really cool addition.

One thing though, I'm still having problems with the worlds DST offset, still 1 hour ahead even after the patch/fix.

How can I manually edit that? I remember I used to be able to that right?

Kaelri
Developer

Post by Kaelri »

antony wrote:hi :welcome:
how to do that at the start
rainmeter sidegroup was hidden? :confused:
Add StartHidden=1 to the config sections in your Rainmeter settings.
Zooropa wrote:Thanks for Enigma 4 Kaelri, really cool addition.

One thing though, I'm still having problems with the worlds DST offset, still 1 hour ahead even after the patch/fix.

How can I manually edit that? I remember I used to be able to that right?

Can you try this fix? (You can install it directly over Enigma 4 Patch 1.)
antony

Post by antony »

Zooropa

Post by Zooropa »

Kaelri wrote:Can you try this fix? (You can install it directly over Enigma 4 Patch 1.)
OH YES! that did the trick!

Many thanks, Kaelri :welcome: