It is currently March 28th, 2024, 8:54 pm

Enigma 4 [Released]

A package of skins with a "theme" or by a single author
Kaelri
Developer

Re: Enigma 4 Beta 2

Post by Kaelri »

Tsort wrote:But isn't there a way to use weather.com information since that website can locate Rapla ?
Most skins have switched away from Weather.com, for several reasons:

- They do not explicitly support or condone third-party skins scraping their data, which means we were (technically) violating their ToS. Yahoo, on the other hand, offers an open API for this exact purpose.

- Yahoo Weather's feed offers more and more detailed information.

- Weather.com's site is extremely unreliable and changes its layout frequently, which means skins like Enigma periodically break without warning and need to be rewritten.

Unfortunately, there is no easy way to just switch between the two, especially now that Yahoo is using a new code system. I'll look at the options, but any solution will probably have to wait for version 5.
justauser

Re: Enigma 4 Beta 2

Post by justauser »

xankazo wrote:IMO, the current time interval (1 second?) is adequate enough. If more demand occur down the road maybe you could consider it (for v5.0 perhaps), but I think you can release Enigma 4 with the fixes and changes you've made so far. Of course, this is my opinion and I can accept other's too. :)
I find the 1 second interval too frequent and adds CPU load I don't need (even with a dual core 2GHZ system).
Kaelri
Developer

Re: Enigma 4 [Released]

Post by Kaelri »

Enigma 4 is released! Download it here. Thanks to all who helped test. :)
justauser wrote: I find the 1 second interval too frequent and adds CPU load I don't need (even with a dual core 2GHZ system).
I'll add instructions for changing the update rate to the FAQ. It's very easy to do, and I still think it's a little too specific for a built-in option, so I think this is the best solution.
justauser

Post by justauser »

I've seen a couple of problems with the released v4.

- On the sidebar net skin the LAN IP address is truncated and wrong. I see:

as the address when it is 10.10.33.101. The gnometer network skin shows this correctly. Gnometer is using SysInfoData=0. When I edit the Enigma network.inc and make the change it fixes the problem.

- The world clock is wrong for countries that don't use daylight savings. I have world2 to Japan and it is off by one hours (shows 2AM instead of 1AM). This is because world.inc always sets DaylightSavingsTime=1. Not yet sure how to set this dynamically.
xankazo

Post by xankazo »

justauser wrote:I've seen a couple of problems with the released v4.

- On the sidebar net skin the LAN IP address is truncated and wrong. I see:

as the address when it is 10.10.33.101. The gnometer network skin shows this correctly. Gnometer is using SysInfoData=0. When I edit the Enigma network.inc and make the change it fixes the problem....
I can confirm this.
Image Image Image
Kaelri
Developer

Post by Kaelri »

justauser wrote:On the sidebar net skin the LAN IP address is truncated and wrong. I see:

as the address when it is 10.10.33.101. The gnometer network skin shows this correctly. Gnometer is using SysInfoData=0. When I edit the Enigma network.inc and make the change it fixes the problem.
This isn't a problem, per se. Most Enigma users are on laptops and netbooks, and so want the WiFi address, which is generally the second adapter, i.e. SysInfoData=1. So I've always just used that as a default. I'll figure out the best way to add an option for this setting in Enigma 5.

I'll fix the truncation issue as well.
justauser wrote:The world clock is wrong for countries that don't use daylight savings. I have world2 to Japan and it is off by one hours (shows 2AM instead of 1AM). This is because world.inc always sets DaylightSavingsTime=1. Not yet sure how to set this dynamically.
Fixed. Thanks for reporting. :)
honestamish

Post by honestamish »

I'm having a problem editing the path for the application launcher feature for the taskbar.

Specifically, the 4th and 5th will only allow me to change the name, label, and icon. The path it will let me edit, delete, and replace. When I hit enter to save it, it reverts back to the original path (Skype and the Rainmeter forums, respectively).

It would appear this is only a problem for me, however.
Kaelri
Developer

Post by Kaelri »

honestamish wrote:I'm having a problem editing the path for the application launcher feature for the taskbar.

Specifically, the 4th and 5th will only allow me to change the name, label, and icon. The path it will let me edit, delete, and replace. When I hit enter to save it, it reverts back to the original path (Skype and the Rainmeter forums, respectively).

It would appear this is only a problem for me, however.
See here.
honestamish

Post by honestamish »

Thank you for the help.

The skin you designed as absolutely splendid! Please, keep up the great work :)
anthonyvanbeek

Post by anthonyvanbeek »

Thanks so much for an awesome skin. One quick question, how do I get Remember the Milk to show more than 4 items?