It is currently April 27th, 2024, 5:53 am

Compatibility of a theme with all screen resolutions

Get help with creating, editing & fixing problems with skins
Virgil

Compatibility of a theme with all screen resolutions

Post by Virgil »

Hello,

I have just finished a theme from scratch for Rainmeter after a week of work. I like the result and now, I would like to share it on Deviantart.
But before sharing my theme, I have a little problem. My skins need to be aligned on the wallpaper to have a cool visual effect and actually, I don't know how to deal with all screen resolutions. My code is perfect for a 1920x1080 resolution but if I put a lower resolution, skins don't have the correct width and heigth and position anymore.

The only way I know to fit with all resolutions is to use ScreenAreaWidth and ScreenAreaHeigth for X and Y position and for the font size. But it's a lot of works... :-(

So, my question is: is there a better and easier way to transform my theme to fit with all screen resolutions?

Thanks a lot for your answer!
jsmorley
Developer

Re: Compatibility of a theme with all screen resolutions

Post by jsmorley »

There really is no easier way, and even then I think it is "iffy" as desktop wallpapers display differently depending on the OS the user has and if they use

CENTER
TILE
STRETCH
FIT (on Windows 7 and above only)
FILL (on Windows 7 and above only)

In Windows to display wallpapers. To be honest, your best bet is to just ship the wallpaper with the skin, have a !SetWallpaper bang in it to load the wallpaper, and then tell folks to drag the skin to where it looks right.
Virgil

Re: Compatibility of a theme with all screen resolutions

Post by Virgil »

Okay, thanks for the advice. I already have a !SetWallpaper Bang with Stretch as an option (I opened a post recently about this bang and you helped me).

Thanks for all