It is currently April 27th, 2024, 12:20 pm

Can't install any .rmskin

Get help with installing and using Rainmeter.
arrivals18

Can't install any .rmskin

Post by arrivals18 »

Hi guys I can't install any .rmskin in my desktop. Actually when I try to instaal it reload my current theme
* I use Rainmeter 2.2.3
* I have dual core processor
*AMD HD 6850 VGA card
* Win 7
Plz answer quickly
KreAch3R

Re: Can't install any .rmskin

Post by KreAch3R »

Does any error occured? Or you just don't see any new skin on the desktop? If the second happens, locate and click the Rainmeter icon on the notification area. The Manage Window should open and the new skins should appear on the left column. Select the ones you want and click "Load".
Inactive, due to life changes. Send me a PM for any question.

Desktop DeviartArt
arrivals18

Post by arrivals18 »

1st thank u very much for u
2nd the way u told me is workin but i wanna load all the backage in the .rmskin (it is the advantage in .rmskin) and when i click on any rmskin file it load the current one
poiru
Developer

Post by poiru »

arrivals18 wrote:2nd the way u told me is workin but i wanna load all the backage in the .rmskin (it is the advantage in .rmskin) and when i click on any rmskin file it load the current one
The package author must create the package properly for that to work. If the package author has not specified a theme to load, then you must manually load the skins.
arrivals18

Post by arrivals18 »

ok thank u
but i found some thing i do't understand when i tried to install a .rmskin file which has on skins it didn't be installed but when i tried to install another one that has skin and theme it insalled perfectly can i avoid these , because all themes in deviant art has only skins!!!!
KreAch3R

Post by KreAch3R »

This shouldn't be happening. Give us an example of a .rmskin file without themes that doesn't install the skins, to find out the problem.
Inactive, due to life changes. Send me a PM for any question.

Desktop DeviartArt
arrivals18

Post by arrivals18 »

jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

That Torn Skin .rmskin installs fine for me. It has no theme included, and does not automatically load any skins when installed, but when I open Manage the skins are there and load just fine.
arrivals18

Post by arrivals18 »

aha now i understand when u double click it just been added to skins but not installed directly as a theme. am i right bro?
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

arrivals18 wrote:aha now i understand when u double click it just been added to skins but not installed directly as a theme. am i right bro?
It depends on the author. If he/she has created a "theme" to go along with the skins, then he can tell the .rmskin to load the theme when it is installed. If he doesn't have a theme, and most don't, he can tell the .rmskin to just load the skin or skins when installed. This is up to the author as well. Finally, he can (like the Torn Skin author) just have it install the skins and leave it up to you which ones to load or not load.