It is currently April 27th, 2024, 8:24 am

DesktopWorkArea help

Get help with installing and using Rainmeter.
UnforgivenRevival

DesktopWorkArea help

Post by UnforgivenRevival »

I figured out how to use the desktopworkarea equation in the rainmeter settings file, And everything seems to work for some time. After a while for some reason when I maximize windows it seems to go back to full screen covering up what I dont want covered until I exit rainmeter and restart. Any explination? Any cure? :confused:
KreAch3R

Re: DesktopWorkArea help

Post by KreAch3R »

You can refresh the DWA with a "refresh all" from the Rainmeter icon in the system tray, or a !Refresh bang in one of your skins (doesn't need to be restarted). As for where the problem lies, there has to be some incompatibility with other programs you are using, that they are resetting the Desktop Area. I had similar problems with I was using Objectdock with "auto-hide" function enabled.

When I stopped using anything else regardind my Desktop's resolution or "Desktop Area", DWA was rock solid stable for a long time.
Inactive, due to life changes. Send me a PM for any question.

Desktop DeviartArt
UnforgivenRevival

The only other thing I use that could be causing the problem is Winstep Nexus dock. Ill close that down and see if thats causing the problem. Thanks for the tip with the refresh. That does seem to work instead of exiting and restarting everytime. I should of tried that in the first place.
UnforgivenRevival

Well, Its not the dock causing the problem. Not sure what it could be.
Alex Becherer

Post by Alex Becherer »

that happened to me as well. not sure what caused, i think it was playing videos with vlc if i remember correctly.

could not fix it in Rainmeter, but i use now DesktopCoral, works great with Windows7.

http://www.donationcoder.com/Software/Mouser/desktopcoral/
MerlinTheRed
Rainmeter Sage

Post by MerlinTheRed »

The DesktopWorkArea can be reset by a couple of things Rainmeter doesn't have control over. It happens to me when I close Winamp for example, or when I have my taskbar on autohide. A simple refresh does the trick but gets annoying if you have to do it very often. DesktopCoral is more reliable but has other issues that are equally annoying (not staying invisible for example).
Have more fun creating skins with Sublime Text 2 and the Rainmeter Package!
UnforgivenRevival

I Tried the Desktop Coral program, However it seems that it can only "dock" to one side. Im actually trying to save an area on the top and left of my screen, Which can be done through rainmeter. I suppose Ill have to live with whats going on. The autohide on the taskbar was contributing to some of the problem. I turned off autohide and the problem seems to happen alot less but I still notice once in a while after an hour or two that it happens again. Thanks for all the replies though :D
MerlinTheRed
Rainmeter Sage

Post by MerlinTheRed »

Can't you use multiple instances of DesktopCoral? If not try copying the program folder and start another executable from the copied folder.
Have more fun creating skins with Sublime Text 2 and the Rainmeter Package!
UnforgivenRevival

For some reason it didn't work in the same program folder but copying it to a 2nd folder and running it does make a 2nd instance start up. Thanks for the tip!