It is currently April 27th, 2024, 7:23 am

Image transparency mouseleave [resolved]

Report bugs with the Rainmeter application and suggest features.
DerekM17x

Image transparency mouseleave [resolved]

Post by DerekM17x »

I'm adding several images to use as buttons, and I'm saving the images as .png's so I can have transparent backgrounds. The images I'm using are arcs, so the majority of the image is transparent. When I hover over the transparent part of the image, the mouse changes to the action mouse, and I can even click on the transparent part of the image to execute the bangs I assigned to the image.

The weird part is that I'm copying most of the code from a skin I downloaded, and that skin doesn't have that problem. There's absolutely no difference in the code.

I've checked the transparencies of my images and the ones from the skin I downloaded, and they all have completely transparent backgrounds. All of the images are in .png format.

My code:

Code: Select all

[button1d]
meter=image
x=250
y=60
imagename=#skinspath#DerekM17x/images/tra.png
LeftMouseDownAction=!Execute [!Refresh]
Code that doesn't have the problem:

Code: Select all

[Comparc]
Meter=IMAGE
X=13
Y=31
ImageName=Comparc.png
LeftMouseDownAction=!execute [!RainmeterShowmeter Compextended][!RainmeterShowmeter CompClose][!RainmeterHidemeter Comparc][!RainmeterShowmeter Info.txt][!RainmeterShowmeter InfoX][!RainmeterShowmeter InfoXUPTime][!RainmeterShowmeter InfoX0S][!RainmeterRedraw]
I'm guessing that it's something I need to change in my settings somewhere? I am using Rainmeter 2.3.1, and I read in part of the update that mouseleave now checks transparent pixels... that might be the problem, but I still haven't found a way to fix it. I've also tried using the images for actual button meters (with three layers and everything), but it still has the same problem.

Thanks for any help

(This is my first time posting in the forums, so I apologize if I'm breaking any rules or asking about a very simple issue)
Last edited by DerekM17x on July 1st, 2012, 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kaelri
Developer

Re: Image transparency mouseleave

Post by Kaelri »

Does the image meter overlap with any other meters (or a background image)? Transparent pixels on image meters are still clickable when there are opaque pixels underneath them. Instead, you can use a Button meter - using ButtonCommand, rather than LeftMouseDownAction - to eliminate this problem.
DerekM17x

Post by DerekM17x »

Kaelri wrote:Does the image meter overlap with any other meters (or a background image)? Transparent pixels on image meters are still clickable when there are opaque pixels underneath them. Instead, you can use a Button meter - using ButtonCommand, rather than LeftMouseDownAction - to eliminate this problem.
I just changed one of them to a button again, and now all of them work... O.O

Well, that's very strange. Thanks, though! I probably just had something typed incorrectly the first time.
Last edited by DerekM17x on July 1st, 2012, 5:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DerekM17x

Post by DerekM17x »

Actually, I just figured out what it actually was. My background image had sections that were opaque. I changed it to entirely transparent right before I changed one to a button.

Thanks again! I never would have figured that one out.