It is currently April 25th, 2024, 12:17 am

Beginner Question

General topics related to Rainmeter.
bashet24

Beginner Question

Post by bashet24 »

Hi... :welcome: I'm new to rainmeter, and I'm enjoying it a lot...

I just want to learn more about rainmeter especially the CODING THINGY, that I always see in this forum, so that everytime I saw a codes, I have idea of what it is...

I'm requesting for a brief and easy to understand explanation, because I honestly don't do things like this. All I do in computer is internet and playing games... hehehe :D

I'm not always online, because I'm busy in school, so I hope that when I visit my post, there are at least one reply...
jsmorley
Developer

Re: Beginner Question

Post by jsmorley »

bashet24 wrote:Hi... :welcome: I'm new to rainmeter, and I'm enjoying it a lot...

I just want to learn more about rainmeter especially the CODING THINGY, that I always see in this forum, so that everytime I saw a codes, I have idea of what it is...

I'm requesting for a brief and easy to understand explanation, because I honestly don't do things like this. All I do in computer is internet and playing games... hehehe :D

I'm not always online, because I'm busy in school, so I hope that when I visit my post, there are at least one reply...
Honestly, this is your best bet:

http://rainmeter.net/cms/Rainmeter101
parasite64

Post by parasite64 »

Also, as a suggestion from what jsmorley linked, I recommend simply going through and reading all of the Rainmeter Manual (if you want to skip to the coding parts, you can use this link. Just go through each step and create each thing at a time (like, if you get to the page of creating a CPU Measure, open up your text editor (and if you need a good text editor, I suggest Notepad++ along with RainLexer)) and just follow the example. Don't just copy the example, but rewrite it.

Once you go through the manual, you should have a pretty decent understanding most of it, and if you have trouble the people on the forum seem pretty helpful, and don't worry if you get stuck on certain parts; Just move onto the next thing and come back later (Damn RegExps that's all I have to say!)

Anyway, best of luck!
[Aurora]
lecajef

Post by lecajef »

Bonsoir à toute l'équipe du forum.

Je suis français, je viens de m'inscrire et j'aimerais savoir si le programme Rainmeter peut s'appliquer sur un site internet?

Merci.

Ps: Dois je rédiger en français ou anglais?
___

Good evening to all the team forum.

I am French, I just signed up and I wonder if the program Rainmeter can be applied on a website?

Thank you.

Ps: Do I write in French or English?
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

lecajef wrote:Bonsoir à toute l'équipe du forum.

Je suis français, je viens de m'inscrire et j'aimerais savoir si le programme Rainmeter peut s'appliquer sur un site internet?

Merci.

Ps: Dois je rédiger en français ou anglais?
___

Good evening to all the team forum.

I am French, I just signed up and I wonder if the program Rainmeter can be applied on a website?

Thank you.

Ps: Do I write in French or English?
English only here please. As to your question, I'm not sure I understand. Can you explain a bit further what you have in mind?
lecajef

Post by lecajef »

jsmorley wrote:As to your question, I'm not sure I understand. Can you explain a bit further what you have in mind?
Good evening jsmorley,

I wonder if the program Rainmeter can be applied on a website.
In the end, of course if permitted, to work on the web attraction.

Being new, I have no idea now of what can be achieved by the application and has the creation of virtual desktop skins.

I have been explicit in my translation.

thank you
bashet24

Post by bashet24 »

Thank you all so much for this wonderful tutorials. :D :D :D