It is currently April 27th, 2024, 11:49 pm

[Bug] Issue with @Resources

Report bugs with the Rainmeter application and suggest features.
parasite64

[Bug] Issue with @Resources

Post by parasite64 »

Not sure if I've got the folder in the correct location but I've got a template.ini file that I use for a template located in @Resources\template.ini. and it shows up in RainMeter as a skin.

The folder is located in:
(My Documents)\Rainmeter\Skins\Aurora\@Resources

I thought the @Resources folder was ignored when scanning for skins?
[Aurora]
jsmorley
Developer

Re: [Bug] Issue with @Resources

Post by jsmorley »

parasite64 wrote:Not sure if I've got the folder in the correct location but I've got a template.ini file that I use for a template located in @Resources\template.ini. and it shows up in RainMeter as a skin.

The folder is located in:
(My Documents)\Rainmeter\Skins\Aurora\@Resources

I thought the @Resources folder was ignored when scanning for skins?
Are you quite sure you are on Rainmeter 2.3 release? Check in About / Version from the Rainmeter notification area icon context menu.

Should look something like:

2.3.0 r1497 64-bit (Jun 25 2012)
Path: C:\Program Files\Rainmeter\
IniFile: C:\Users\Jeffrey Morley\AppData\Roaming\Rainmeter\Rainmeter.ini
SkinPath: C:\Users\Jeffrey Morley\Documents\Rainmeter\Skins\
parasite64

Post by parasite64 »

jsmorley wrote: Are you quite sure you are on Rainmeter 2.3 release? Check in About / Version from the Rainmeter notification area icon context menu.
The version I was using was 2.3.0 r1334 but I upgraded to the latest version and it's working now. I had the 'Check for updates' checkbox ticked, so I'm guessing Rainmeter will only update if it goes up a release, rather then a revision?
[Aurora]
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

parasite64 wrote: The version I was using was 2.3.0 r1334 but I upgraded to the latest version and it's working now. I had the 'Check for updates' checkbox ticked, so I'm guessing Rainmeter will only update if it goes up a release, rather then a revision?
That is correct.
parasite64

Post by parasite64 »

jsmorley wrote:That is correct.
Is there anyway to check which is the latest revision, aside from constantly having to redownload the installer each time, or at least check which is the latest revision compared to the installed version?
[Aurora]
poiru
Developer

Post by poiru »

parasite64 wrote: Is there anyway to check which is the latest revision, aside from constantly having to redownload the installer each time, or at least check which is the latest revision compared to the installed version?
We usually have the revision mentioned on rainmeter.net, but only with beta downloads (of which there are none currently). In fact, the beta download filename is in the format Rainmeter-A.B-rNNNN-beta.exe.

You can check Google Code downloads for a list of downloads (and their revisions).
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

parasite64 wrote: Is there anyway to check which is the latest revision, aside from constantly having to redownload the installer each time, or at least check which is the latest revision compared to the installed version?
Not really, not as far as "beta" versions go in any case. You can just keep an eye on this site:

http://code.google.com/p/rainmeter/downloads/list
parasite64

Post by parasite64 »

poiru wrote:We usually have the revision mentioned on rainmeter.net, but only with beta downloads (of which there are none currently). In fact, the beta download filename is in the format Rainmeter-A.B-rNNNN-beta.exe.

You can check Google Code downloads for a list of downloads (and their revisions).
Fantastic, thanks alot guys!
[Aurora]