It is currently April 27th, 2024, 1:49 pm

PlayStop & PlayLoop doesn't Work

Report bugs with the Rainmeter application and suggest features.
Kryptonite

PlayStop & PlayLoop doesn't Work

Post by Kryptonite »

I have created a skin for use by people who have learning difficulties (low literacy levels). The skin makes use of icons associated with specific sound files that tell the person what it is and does. I have created several icons with sound files that allow a person first to hear what that icon is and what it allows them to do (like opening a link to youtube videos on a specific theme of interest).

The issue I'm experiencing is that, on some occassions, I need for the sound being played to stop when a user moves the mouse away from an icon (using the MouseLeaveAction bang). The problem is, this doesn't work using the Rainmeter Bangs of PlayStop, the sound continues to play on, regardless of !executing this command. Have also noticed that the PlayLoop doesn't appear to do what it says it does. I have tried various command combinations and different audio programs (Windows Media Player, WinAmp, RealPalyer etc..) without any success.

Is there a specific audio program needed for these bangs to work. I have not found any recommendations for which audio program these particular bangs can be associated with.

Suggestions on how to solve this bug/issue would be most welcome.
AlC

Re: PlayStop & PlayLoop doesn't Work

Post by AlC »

I think you mixed it.

PLAY, PLAYLOOP, PLAYSTOP are a "windows function", you can play a .wav (only wav) file with it. And you don't need any audio player for this.
http://rainmeter.net/cms/Bangs_beta

Or if you want to use an audio player, you should use the NowPlaying plugin. Here you have all these functions like pause, start, stop, next, repeat, ... like a normal audio player.
http://rainmeter.net/cms/Plugins-NowPlaying_beta
Rainmeter - You are only limited by your imagination and creativity.
jsmorley
Developer

Post by jsmorley »

Code: Select all

[Rainmeter]
Update=1000

[MeterOne]
Meter=Image
SolidColor=255,255,255,255
W=25
H=25
LeftMouseUpAction=Play MyWave.wav
MiddleMouseUpAction=PlayLoop MyWave.wav
RightMouseUpAction=PlayStop
Kryptonite

Post by Kryptonite »

Many thanks to ALC and JSMorley, both wonderfully simple solutions and much better then the way I coded it. I recall doing something similar but at that time the problem was that Windows Media Player kept launching each time a sound file was played, not what I needed.

ALC, I did try using NowPlaying Plugin with Winamp (ver 5.623) but haven't yet managed to get it working properly (will look at this more closely).

Thanks JSMorley, I used your simple code and modified it to meet what I've already developed. Works a treat and no player launches, which is exactly what I was looking for.

Thanks to you both for the quick and excellent support with this issue. :D