It is currently April 27th, 2024, 1:55 pm

Changes to installer in latest beta..

Report bugs with the Rainmeter application and suggest features.
lysy1993lbn

Changes to installer in latest beta..

Post by lysy1993lbn »

Could You please "restore" a Destinstion Folder bar to be editable again, so i Could just paste my custom patch, or at least restore "normal" Browse dialog window to be full with adress bar
"Never argue with an idiot, he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."
my deviantART | Alternative Rainmeter tray icons
jsmorley
Developer

Re: Changes to installer in latest beta..

Post by jsmorley »

If you already have Rainmeter installed using the "standard" installation, it will only allow you to update / install it there. There cannot be two "standard" installations on one PC in different locations. So, there is no need to allow changes at that point.

If you installed Rainmeter "portable", or are doing a second install as "portable", then you can use the Browse button on the dialog and install Rainmeter anywhere you like.

So I gather you just don't like the standard "browse" functionality that doesn't allow you to paste in a path?
lysy1993lbn

Post by lysy1993lbn »

I have installed as a portable, and I know about Browse button, but it's dialog have only folder tree..
In previous versions i was able to just paste patch to deserved location, now this bar is not editable.. I have to "Browse" it whole folder structure which is less comforable..

So my Question is: could You make that bar editable again or browse dialog with options like in Photoshop
Image or Firefox Image
"Never argue with an idiot, he will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience."
poiru
Developer

Post by poiru »

lysy1993lbn wrote:could You make that bar editable again
Yes, will do for the next beta (for portable installs and new standard installs).
lysy1993lbn

Post by lysy1993lbn »

Thank You :)