Awesome awesome.jsmorley wrote:Works like a champ so far!!!
I removed that font from \Windows\Fonts and put it in C:\Program Files\Rainmeter\Fonts and the skin comes right up with the correct font smooth as silk.
Now going to reboot to be sure there was not some vestige of the installed font left in memory.
Edit: Yep, comes up with the right font without even a second of hesitation. Now I will load and unload the skin a few dozen times to be sure it isn't "building up" any memory usage.
Edit: Seems fine. Rainmeter ALWAYS had a small (about 150 bytes per time) memory creep when you load and unload skins or do a "refresh all" of Rainmeter. I tested it (first using your code then the original .exe/.dll) with about a dozen close skin / open skin then about a dozen refresh all while watching the memory with Process Explorer and am still getting the same 150 +- bytes creep with either the old .exe/.dll or the new ones. So it passes that test.
I have another idea that could be sort of useful.
Font Styles for MeterString meters. I find it very annoying to have to put in #fontHeight#, #fontName# stuff every time I create a new MeterString meter. So I think we should make a section for font styles like:
And then in the MeterString
Code: Select all
[FontStyle1] FontFace="Some font" FontColor=0,0,0,255 FontEffectColor=255,255,255,255 Prefix="" Postfix="" FontSize=10 StringAlign= LEFT StringStyle=NORMAL StringEffect=SHADOW
We would need some way to indicate that a font style section was actually a font style section.
Code: Select all
[SomeStringMeter] Meter=String FontStyle=FontStyle1 X=20 Y=20 W=100 H=200 Text="This Meter uses font styles by Matt King! Yeah!"
I think this could be useful to some people, and it shouldn't be too difficult to implement. I could even do it yay.